Chapter 2

Jess awoke with a start, biting her lip at the headache that had grown from her drinks the previous night. She ran a hand through her hair, and put on her glasses, jumping when she realized that she didn't have some sort of drunken dream. She actually slept with Nick.

She climbed out of the bed, noticing it was around four a.m., and she knew no one else would be up, making it her chance to escape to her room, swallow the morning after pill, and lay down in her own bed. She ran through the hall, locking her door behind her and slipped on some pajamas, grabbing the container of morning after pills, swallowing one dry before laying down, taking off her glasses and setting them on the nightstand.

•••••••••••

Her alarm went off two hours later, and she grabbed her glasses, making herself wake up to get some breakfast, seeing a argument going on at the dining room table between Nick and Schmidt as soon as she walked in.

"I don't need to put money in the jar for that, Nick." Schmidt insisted, before turning to Jess and asked. "Do I need to put money in the jar because I came in without my shirt and pants? That's not douchy."

"Sorry, Nick. I agree with Schmidt on this one." Jess sighed, grabbing a bagel out of the cabinet and setting up the coffee pot.

"It's not that he sleeps in nothing but boxers, it's that he didn't put clothes on before he came in here." Nick argued, turning back to Schmidt, who left shortly afterwards, leaving Nick and Jess by themselves. "Why did you leave last night?"

"I don't wanna upset the loft balance, and wasn't the whole rule of me living here that no one was allowed to sleep with me?"

"You made that rule." Nick muttered under his breath, looking down at his coffee, but Jess sat down in front of him.

"What does this make us?"

"Meaningless sex. A one night stand." Nick suggested as he stood up, wincing from his own hangover. "Whatever you wanna call it. Unless you get pregnant, that's all it's gonna be, Jess. I'm sorry." He told her, leaving her sitting at the dining room table by herself, and hoping that indeed the morning after pill worked.