Chapter 3

"Look, even if it was a one night stand, you have to tell me what it was like." Cece insisted over the phone with Jess. "Was it good?"

"Cece, what about Sam? I can't even tell him I had sex with Nick." Jess paused, before she whispering to her best friend. "But, it was really good. Like, really good."

"I'm glad to hear it. At least it wasn't bad sex, even if you can't do it again. Which, by the way, why can't you do it again?"

"Because the agreement was that I would live in the loft if none of them hooked up with me, and yeah, I made that rule, but then Schmidt made a contract and now it's official."

"Okay, screw Schmidt. If you're happy with Nick, then be with Nick. If I'm being completely honest, I knew you would fall for at least one of the boys in there."

"Nick also said it was meaningless sex unless I got pregnant." Jess blurted out, and she heard a crash before her best friend yelled with what sounded like venom in her voice.

"I have been telling you since we were fourteen to use protection, Jess!" A pause and a sigh. "Did you at least take the pill?"

"Yeah. Look, if I get any signs that I might, that's a big might, be pregnant, I'll go see Sadie."

"Okay, you're right. I have to go, but if anything, and I mean anything, feels off, you come to me. Not Nick, not Sadie, not your mother, me. Got it?"

"Got it. I'll see you later." Jess sighed and hung up her phone, before looking at the pills on her desk.

She remembered the conversation she had with Sadie less then three week ago how she was extremely fertile, as well as the fact that if the pill didn't work, it would help the baby instead, which made her feel a bit better.

But, she didn't know if Nick would want to be a father. After all, he said it was meaningless sex unless she was pregnant, but what did that mean? He would help her set up adoption, help her pay for a abortion, or help her raise a child for 18 years?

'Maybe it would be better if I convinced Sam it was his baby. He seems like he would want a family, even outside of marriage. He would also be able to disprove a condom breaking though.'

"Hey, Jess!" A raised voice called, snapping her out of her thoughts. She recognized the voice as Schmidt. "We're going drinking, wanna come?"

"I can't, I'm going over papers." She insisted, before panicking slightly and added. "Thanks anyway!"

She heard Schmidt walk away from her door and groaned as she pressed her head against her pillow. 'God, I hope I'm just overreacting.'