XII

As they pulled up to Teresa's house Nico looked out the window, she could already feel his presence coming from the house. Nico let out a loud sigh this was not gonna be easy and she knew it. Teresa turned off the car and opened the door to get out, half way out she stopped and looked at Nico "I'm going to go and get Mimi" she tells Nico as she closes the door. Nico watched as Teresa ran across the street and knocked on the door of a light blue house. The door opened to reveal Mrs. Mario smiling brightly at her. Nico could tell by both of their positions that they were talking, about what she couldn't hear but she figured it was the usually hello, and thanks for watching Mimi, and probably a don't worry about it dearie from the old woman. Nico pulled her attention away from her sister and the old woman and looked back at the house, she let out one more sigh before opening the door and walking up to the house. As soon as Nico took one step inside the fence she was hit with the feeling of anger and death, Nico looked up at the second story window and clicked her tongue in annoyance for glaring down at her was Friend, she knew he was trying to scare her  like he did Teresa but she wasn't fazed. Nico knew better than to step a foot in that house while Mimi or any of rest of the family was in it, who knows what Friend would do to them as leverage. Nico was pulled from her stare down with Friend by the sound of running and something grabbing onto her legs, she looked down to see Mimi smiling up at her she gave her a small smile back. Nico never seen Mimi before today because Teresa refused to let her near any of them after trying to teach Sarah their ways. Mimi squeezed Nico's legs tightly and let out a giggle "I know you, you're auntie Nico" she says happily "she told me all about you" she added rubbing her face into Nico's legs. Teresa stood there in shock she had no idea Sarah told Mimi anything about Nico or that she even talked about Nico for that matter, Teresa told them that Nico left and wouldn't ever be coming back, so why would Sarah ever talk about her?' She thought. Teresa bent down to Mimi's level so she could look her in the eyes "Mimi sweetie, I didn't know Sarah told you about Nico" she says as she try's to pull Mimi off Nico's legs. Mimi held on tighter "no silly not Sarah, Kira told me all about auntie" Mimi tells her as she giggles happily. "Kira? Who's Kira?" Teresa asked looking Nico with a raised eyebrow, Nico gave her mischievous grin as Mimi continued to talk "Kira was my friend before Friend came along, she told me auntie Nico sent her to watch over us, but after Friend showed up Kira left" Mimi tells her mother as she looks back up at Nico "Kira okay right auntie?" She asked as she began to get sad. Nico smiled at her and patted her head "don't worry kid, Kira is just fine. How about you me and your mommy go to the park and play?" Mimi smiled big at Nico and shouted a loud hooray as she released Nico's legs and ran out of the yard waited patiently for Nico and her mother on the sidewalk. Teresa gave Nico a look as she stood up "Kira?" She asked. Nico gave her a smirk and opened her arms out wide as she walked backwards towards Mimi "hey, I got friends on the other side" is all Nico replies as she turns around and grabs Mimi's hand "come on mommy" Mimi says excitedly as she hold her hand out for her mother to grab. Teresa smiles at her young daughter and takes her hand as the begin to walk down the sidewalk Nico glances back at the house to see Friend standing in the yard "where are you going Mimi?" He asked. Nico kept a firm grip on Mimi's hand Friend growled at them as they walked "you don't want to leave you Friend do you?" He hissed. Walking up to the gate, Nico watched him from the corner of her eye as he walked out of the fence and onto the side walk. Nico let go of Mimi's hand and stood behind Mimi and Teresa putting each of her hands on their backs pushing them slightly as the walked. "Don't you ignore me child" he shouted. When Mimi didn't turn around he began walking faster towards them "you witch, what did you do to my friend?!" He hissed angrily at Nico as he approached them more Nico walked a little faster pushing Mimi and Teresa as she did so. Teresa looked back at her sister with an question look, Nico gave her a quick smile "what? Just want to get to the park faster that's all" She tells them "yay! To the park!" Mimi shouted happily, Teresa shrugged her shoulders again continued to walk slightly faster. Nico glanced back again at Friend to see that he was right behind them, he reached out an arm to grab Nico but as soon as the three of them stepped of the sidewalk to cross the street he stopped. Friend stood there glaring at Nico before turning around and heading back to the house Nico watched as he left and slowly she removed her hands from their backs and walking back up beside Mimi. Nico glanced down at Mimi's neck and let out low sigh before leaning over slightly towards Teresa "hey, do you know how far Friend could go?" She whispered. Teresa looked up at He sky and thought about it for a moment before she remembered what Mimi told her that day in the store, "he can only go in the yard, why?" She asked Nico hesitantly. "Damnit" Nico mumbled. "Well then we have a problem, because he was following us, up until we walked across the street" "what?!" Teresa asked panicked as she looked frantically behind them for any sight of Friend. "He's gone now" Teresa heard Nico say as she turns back around. "I d-don't understand. Mimi said he couldn't leave the yard! How come he can come this far?" Teresa asked frantic. Nico pointed at Mimi's neck and pulled down her shirt a bit to reveal a handprint like bruise, Teresa covered her mouth with her hands to keep from scaring Mimi "w-what is t-that?" She asked her voice shaking as she did. "That is a big problem" was all Nico replied.

A/N alright so I'm still not at 100% with my wrist, but I was already working on this part before my wrist got messed up, and I continued to work on it for the last 3 days which it kills me that it took that long because of my stupid wrist. Hopefully I'll be back at 100% in a few more days but I figured y'all deserved something so here it is.
Hope y'all enjoyed it and thanks for reading.-skellington_girl95