FOUR: Those Who Are Broken Seek Danger

Shaylee hesitantly hopped into the driver's seat of Rebekah's grey BMW

Shaylee hesitantly hopped into the driver's seat of Rebekah's grey BMW. She believed the only way to find the comfort she needed was to seek it in those who understood the pain she felt.

It's crazy that Shaylee could take an army head-on and come out untouched, but someone special could say goodbye to her and leave her heart in constant pain.

It had only been a whole day since Michael and his family left, and Shaylee knew Bella would be an absolute mess.

Bella's home was only a 10-minute drive where the Mikaelsons resided. Shaylee had never had the opportunity to visit Bella's home. She knew her father was chief of police, and pretty much a town celebrity.

When pulling into the rocky driveway, Shaylee was shocked to see a search party and police cars out the front of the Swan residence. Shaylee didn't hesitate to jump into action.

"Mr Swan?" Shaylee called, slamming the door of her car closed.

He took a worried breath before turning to Shaylee. "Yes? You're Bella's friend? Elijah's sister?"

The immortal nodded. "What going on here?" She asked, struggling to take in her surroundings.

An unfamiliar man, clearly a native, who stood close beside Charlie Swan spoke up for him. "Bella's missing."

Shaylee gasped, unable to think of the possibilities. What if Victoria had her? Did the Cullen's take her with them? "Is there anything I can do to help?"

"Elijah has already been a great help, I guess all you can do is make sure all of your friends stay indoors until we can figure out was could have happened," Charlie suggested, keeping a cool, calm and collected poker face.

"I'll call my brother, Niklaus. He can help, too." Shaylee suggested.

"It's alright, you don't have to put your family through the trouble." The worried father spoke.

"I insist," Shaylee begged. "We are more than glad to help."

Charlie thought for a moment, "thank you, ..." He waited for her to reveal her name.

"Shaylee."

"Right, Shaylee." He smiled, before continuing back with his work.

The immortal stepped aside, next to her car that sat away from the chaos in front of the house.

"Klaus?" Shaylee called into the phone.

"Yes, baby sister," Klaus said, not fully focusing on the conversation Shaylee was having on the other end.

Shaylee explained the story to her brother, believing that for once he may have listened to something she would've said.
"-so, are you coming down?" Shaylee asked.

"What? Say that again, I wasn't listening." Klaus said, now focusing on his sister, completely ignoring everything she explained.

"Turn off Game Of Thrones and come help me find my missing friend, you fool!" Shaylee demanded, hanging up the phone.