Chapter 01: Childhood

bell rings*
Shiro's p.o.v.

"Oh well, that was it for today, kids. Pack your things up and then you can leave" the teacher smiled at us. With a huge grin on my face I packed my bag and skipped trough the hallways.
"Shiro! Wait up!"
I snickered and turned around.
"Hey, Kei!" I shouted back.
"Hey, Shiro. What's up?"
"Nothing much. And with you?"
Yeah, nothing much. I just put a bubblegum on the teachers chair" he stated trying not to laugh hysterically.
"Well, that's not nice, Kei."

"Why would I care? She is the one giving the homework to us."
'She's also the one who wants us to have a bright future.'
I sigh. "You do you. I won't bother"

______________________________

"Mom! Dad! I'm home!" I shouted from downstairs. The house seemed empty. 'Hmm. They are out again.' I sigh. I went to my bedroom. The house is so silent that I could hear my own heart beating and my own breaths. I laid down on my enormous bed. My body sinked in it. The softness of the mattress favoring my skin. With a tired mind, I fell asleep.

"Shiro!"a voice shouted out my name.
With sleepy eyes I stepped out of my bed. 'My parents are back. They're back!' With a huge smile I ran downstairs to meet my parents.
I heard them talking and talking. I hid behind the wall connecting the kitchen and stairs. I stood in silence, waiting to surprise them on the stairs. I heard them calling my name. I felt so happy to hear that from them, but the words they spoke, weren't that nice. They weren't nice at all.
"Shiro is becoming a bother to us. Don't you agree? We could just stay in the U.S. for work, but no we have to come back to him, because we can't bring him there."my mother began.
I heard my father sigh.
'Dad, don't say 'yes', please.'
"He is. We should leave him with your mother, dear"
"No, that brat doesn't deserve to be there. He'll drive that old lady crazy. We could leave him  for adoption. Or put him in the orphanage."
I tried to get closer to hear them clearly, but I slipped and fell.
'Shoot! Ouch!'
"Shiro?!"my mom hurriedly ran up to me.
"I'm okay" I stood up from where I laid and walked up to my room.

Third persons p.o.v.

The couple watched the boy as he left the room slowly.
"Do you think he heard?"the father asked.
"I don't know" she carefully got up.
"But if he did, it will make this much easier".

The separated family sat down on the dining table. The long table filled with all kinds of food you could ever ask for. Sparkling drinks, delicious food, sweet and perfectly designed desserts, but the frowns won't go up. The mother finished off her meal. She looked at her son then at her husband, who is eating with no emotion on his face. She decided to have a small talk with her son.
"So, Shiro. How was school today?" She tried to smile at her son.
The boy didn't hear her, so she cleared her throat to catch his attention.
"Uhm uh, it was nice."
She fake smiled at him.
"What did you learn?"
"To write and read some sentences in kanji."
"Nice."
She looked at her husband to bring up the subject, but he didn't make eye contact.
"Shiro, why aren't you eating?"the father asked.
"I'm not hungry, father. I'll be going to bed now. Good night, mom and dad."
The couple continued eating just after the boy left.

___________________________________

Glass plates and cups fell on the ground like someone threw them with anger. It went on for hours, since there were a lot of porcelain plates everywhere. The mother and father went rushing down the stairs when the sound of someone screaming out a bloody murder scream. They found their five years old son screaming and throwing a glass plate.
"Shiro!"the parents both yelled out his name. His whole body had cuts and bruises. He screamed and screamed, tears falling down as the rain. He sat on a broken piece of porcelain, which caused his feet to bleed, but he didn't feel a thing. He pulled at his hair in agony. He looked at his parents, his tears still blurring his view.

"Why?" It started as a faint whimper.
"Why?! Why?! Why?!" He started yelling at his parents. They looked at him in disgust. Like a filthy creature who just entered their luxorious large home and broke all their priced possessions. The mother tried to approach him, but he moved backwards. "You never liked me, did you?" He said between breaths. He looked at them hoping they would not agree with his childish statement, but they just stared at him, with no emotion. The mother got up from her sitting position. The father went up to her and whispered something in her ear. They looked at him, anger and hatred to be seen in their eyes.
"Shiro, you should leave." His father spoke. "Leave, Shiro! Look what you've done with our plates! Those things were so expensive! Even in your whole lifetime you won't be able to pay us back! Get out!" His mother bitterly spat at her son.
The boy's tears were now flowing uncontrollably. The mother forcefully took him by the arm and dragged him to the front door. She threw him outside. His body hit the hard cold floor, causing him to stay down defeated. His father didn't care less. He went back to sleep.
"You ungrateful ugly child! You should be thankful that we kept you all these years with that behavior of yours. Let's see you reach you dreams without our power and money! Get lost! Insolent!" She fumed at him.
"What did I ever do to you, mother?" He sniffed.
"You were born! Since you were born we wanted to leave you for adoption, but my father insisted to keep you. If he could only see how you came out to be, he would have said something else. Now get lost of here and don't call me 'mother'. You're not worthy". She slammed the door in his face.
He sadly sat on the porch with teary eyes, waiting in hope that they will open the door and say it's alright and that he could come in again. With that thought he cheerfully smiled, trying to forget that horrible incident. Hours went by, nothing. By then he lost his last ray of hope. He started wandering in the forest. Like a lost orphan searching for a warm home. The only light that guided him through the dark forest was the light from the full moon. A twig cracked under his bare feet. He looked at it and started crying again.

Shiro's p.o.v.

'It's not true! This is just a bad dream, a nightmare. I have to wake up! But this feels too real to be just a dream.' Thoughts ran in my mind. I didn't want to believe that. 'Why me?'. I wandered through the dark forest for what seemed like hours. 'Couldn't they build a house somewhere in the city? They had to go and build a house in the middle of the forest. To lock them selves away from the world. I don't know where I got it from, but I love to explore life. They're adults, so they know best. I finally entered the busy city. Cars where everywhere. Even though it was night, there were still people on the road, making it busy. I crossed the road. I almost got hit by a car, but I dodged it. My heart beating as fast as ever. I ran as far as I could. I had no destination, nor money. I was just a scared little boy in the night.

To be continued~