May 5, 1998

Harry woke up the next morning in his old dormitory in Gryffindor tower much more well-rested than he had felt since going on the run last year. Ron was snoring next to him, Dean and Seamus crammed in the same tiny bed, Neville sleeping silently across the room, and Harry felt like he was home. He sat up and stretched a little before sliding out of bed. He got ready really quickly since he was excited for the day to start; it had been a while since he had felt truly excited about something. Harry reached into his bedside table and wrapped his hand around the small box containing the Resurrection Stone, smiled, and ran down the stairs.

Ginny stirred when Harry strolled down the stairs into the common room. She kept reliving the battle in her dreams and chose to sleep on a big chair in the common room as to not wake her roommates. Harry saw her sitting up and went to sit next to her. She looked exhausted; dark circles under her eyes, hair tangled, clothes looking crumpled and dirty.

"Didn't sleep again, love?" Harry asked his girlfriend as he kissed her on the forehead. She shook her head and frowned a little.

"It's impossible, Harry. I keep seeing Lavender and Remus and Tonks and..." Ginny trailed off as her voice broke and tears began streaming down her face. Of course, she was going to add Fred, but it was still hard to grasp the fact that he was dead. Harry just hugged her tighter, kissed her cheek, and whispered in her ear.

"I hope that today will help, even just a little." Ginny did not have time to ask what her boyfriend mean as he gave her a small smile and walked out of the portrait hole.

Harry found McGonagall waiting for him outside of the portrait hole. She smiled at him and began leading him towards the Great Hall. They walked in silence until they reached a small classroom just off the hall.

It was a simple classroom, with only some plain wooden chairs and a box of tissues on a small desk in the middle of the room. A small fire was going in the corner of the room, and there were a few small windows at the top of the room shedding a little bit of light into the room.

"It's perfect", Harry told McGonagall with a smile.

"I'll go fetch the Weasleys" she replied, then hastily walked out of the classroom. She was also very excited about this. She found the whole family eating breakfast together, and walked over to them. She noted how tired the whole family looked, but especially George. Of course, she did not blame him. He had lost a twin, and that was a pain she knew all too well.

"Can you all come with me please?" She asked sweetly. The family looked confused, but stood up and followed her to Harry's classroom, where Harry was waiting outside.

"George, can you come in here with me first?" Harry asked. At first, George did not notice. He was lost in his thought, so Charlie nudged him forward towards Harry. He followed Harry slowly, and Harry closed the door behind him.

"Take a seat George", and George did. He was a little curious about why he was there, but he listened to Harry anyway. Harry walked over to him and placed a small, plain stone in his hand.

"Turn it over three times", Harry instructed. George thought the whole thing was pointless but did as he was told.

A shimmering form appeared in front of the two men. Harry had a knowing smile on his face and was looking at the shimmering figure eagerly. George thought that he himself had died.

The shimmering figure was Fred Weasley.

Tears immediately welled in George's eyes. He still did not think that his brother was actually here. Fred beckoned George to come closer.

"Awe come on Georgie. Already forgot about me, have ya?" Fred said with a smile and a small laugh. George rushed forward, tears flooding down his face. He hugged his twin harder than anyone had ever done before. He was trying to talk, but everything that came out of his mouth was incoherent.

"What.....Fred....died....back....Harry....dead" was all that Harry caught of George's broken English. Harry somehow understood and smiled.

"It's the Resurrection Stone, George." George just smiled and hugged Fred even tighter. The twin had had their time to reunite, but it was time for the rest of the family to come in. Harry waved his wand and the door opened. The rest of the family rushed in, and immediately ran up to the hugging twins, having heard Fred's voice outside the door. There was not a dry eye in the room, as the Weasley's were reunited. They hugged and cried and smiled for about 20 minutes until their eyes had run out of tears. They pulled apart and all looked to Harry for an explanation as to why exactly their brother, son, and twin was back.

"Its the Resurrection Stone, you see. It brings people back from the dead." Harry ignored the shocked looks on the Wealeys's faces and continued. "Now, Fred being back is not permanent. After a while, he will not be himself anymore; it will almost be like he is a ghost. So, when you have all said your final goodbyes, Fred will disappear for good", Harry finished, looking down at the ground. He did not want to look at Molly's face in fear that she would be so disappointed that Fred could not stay.

He continued staring at the ground in silence when he suddenly felt enveloped in a warm hug. He immediately knew it was Molly. He hugged her back and heard her whisper into his ear.

"Thank you, Harry. I don't know how we would have coped without this" she whispered tearfully. Tears began pooling in Harry's eyes also as he hugged his motherly figure even tighter. They eventually broke apart and he looked at the rest of the Weasleys. Ginny was smiling sadly at him, Ron was looking at his best friend with a look of thanks; even Percy looked at Harry with gratitude.

Harry turned his gaze toward Fred and gave him a small smile. Fred frowned slightly and nodded, knowing that it was time.

Fred walked towards his Father first and gave him a hug, then squeezed Molly so tight that Harry thought she might burst. Bill hugged his little brother tight, as did Charlie and Percy (even if the later was a little more reluctant). Fred hugged Ron tightly and whispered how proud he was of him, which made Ron start tearing up again. When he got to Ginny, the hug was even tighter.

"I'll be sure to send you a toilet seat from the other side, Gin," he said, making her laugh and cry at the same time. Fred and George simply hugged, as no words would ever be enough. Finally, Fred turned to Harry. He hugged the boy he thought of as a little brother and whispered a quick thank you in his ear. They two pulled apart and Fred stepped back.

He gave one last look at George. "Give 'em hell for me Georgie," he said with a smile and a wink. Everyone smiled as Fred faded away one last time, the ghost of a smile still lingering on his face.

Yes, the Weasleys lost a brother, twin, and son; yes, he was torn away from them without reason. Now, there was a little piece of each of them that had been healed. Harry had watched as the Weasleys pulled each other into yet another hug, and knew one thing for sure.

He was eager to keep this project going. He helped the Weasleys begin to heal, and he could not wait to help heal his world, person by person. 

~~~~~

Hi everyone! I know that this chapter was long, but this interaction was what inspired me to write this book. It is unlikely that the rest of the chapters will be this long, but you never know! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, as I really enjoyed writing it! I cannot promise you when the next update will be, but I am excited to keep working on this! 

If you need anything or have any questions, never be afraid to reach out to me!

XXX, Miranda