~2~

Dr K's POV:

I decided now was a good time to sleep. I went up the stairs and took a stop at the room on the right. The two were sleeping peacefully, snuggling. I kept that in mind. Heh. I headed over to the other room and got onto the bed, but didn't sleep. I did some work instead because I need to help revive the internet.
I stop working soon enough and chuckle to myself. Tomorrow will be fun.
That was my last thought before drifting to sleep

Lin's POV:

I woke up, and immediately knew I wasn't alone. I was engulfed in rubbery fluff. I knew who it was and got up carefully, as to avoid waking Puro up. I was successful and headed down the stairs into the kitchen. Dr K was there with that expression on their face that told me one thing.
They knew. "Morning, K." I said, trying to avoid sounding nervous. "Good morning. So, how was your... rest?" They said giving a slight eyebrow raise. I mustered up courage to respond with, "Pretty good." I could hear the nervousness in my voice that time, no avoiding it. "Good to hear." They responded. We both got our mornings started, Dr K making coffee while I made breakfast.

Puro's POV:

I woke up and got ready for another beautiful day outside the tower. I stroll downstairs to see Dr K and Lin already awake. I smiled warmly and waved. Lin waved back, his gaze not meeting mine. Dr K, meanwhile, was intent on making breakfast. An idea popped into my mind. "So what if.." I began, "We explored the town?" The others nodded and mumbled their agreements.

Dr. K walked over and placed the food on the table, and me and Lin walked over and sat down. "Woah, where'd you get the stuff to make this?" Lin asked, munching on some eggs. Dr. K looked away, "..Places..." they responded, raising our suspicions.

Me, Lin, and Dr. K finished our breakfasts and walked out the door. "So on our walk to get you, Dr. K, I noticed this big empty building over there." I said, pointing to a building in the distance. "Oh, t-that's a mall." Lin said, oddly nervous and fidgety.
"Cool." Dr. K added in bluntly.

3rd person POV:

The trio arrived at the empty shopping center, stepping inside through the doorway. They all took a couple moments to admire the inside of it, which still looked rather untouched. And with that, they began exploring.