Chapter 11

"Food, glorious, foooooood~"

"Sid!!" Manny and Diego yell at him;

"What?;" Sid turns back to them with a shrug, "It's catchy!" Hazel only rolled her eyes with a chuckle. Kind of a shame that he was right about the song.

When they all reached the top of a small hill, they all stopped and gazed up ahead of them.
Just as the vulture had stated days ago, there, on top of the rock stood the boat that was gonna save them.

"We made it," Diego heaves out.

"Yeah we showed those vultures!!" Sid cheers as the others began celebrating loudly as well.

Hazel looked around in joy that they've made it to the end of the valley, letting out a small smirk and chuckle as she watched the mammoths make contact with each other, only to pull away awkwardly.

The silent rumble of the flood echoed through their ears making them all stare back, knowing they journey didn't end just yet.

She let out a huge sigh. It didn't matter now, they were all safe and at the end of the valley.
Just a few more steps to go and they were on the boat to a new place to call home-

"AH!!"

She heard briefly along with a explosion before she was pushed aside with Sid barely catching her fall, just seeing the possums panicked and run towards Ellie.

"Better watch where you step," Diego states as Hazel got off of the sloth.

They all looked over the field where there were geysers scattered all around, parts of the ground exploding every second with hot steam.

"Oh, it's just a little hot water and steam!;" Sid began with confidence as he waved his claw nonchalantly; "How bad could it be?"

Their attention soon turned to a Dodo Bird, which Hazel found odd as she swore she saw them all die some time ago, maybe he was a loner?

Either way, he was walking through the field without a care in the world, until the ground beneath him shot up hot steam, sending him flying in the air.
When it came back down, he was completely roasted.

('They really are all gone now,') Hazel shuddered, shaking those thoughts out of her head.

"I just said something involuntary" Sid muttered lowly with a shudder, "...and messy."

"Okay come on," Hazel heard and did a double-take as Manny began walking forward into the field, questioning if he did see the dodo bird like the rest of them;

"GAH!" He suddenly wheeled back as the ground in front of him exploded dangerously close to him.

"Manny, get back!" Diego demanded loudly, "It's a minefield out there!"

"There's only one way to go!;" He yells as he turns back to the herd, pointing forward with his trunk; "straight through!"

"Straight through?; We like to keep the fur on our bodies, thank you!" Ellie tells him, "We'll head back then we'll go around that's safer."

She begins to turn away but Manny stops her; "No, no! There's no time, the dam will burst before we make it, - We'll drown!!"

"If we go through this, we'll get blown to bits!"

"We go forward!" Manny yells at her,

"We go back!" Ellie stubbornly yells back,

"Forward!!"

"Back!!"

"Forward!!!"

"Back!!!"