A secrative friend

My First day at college was amusing as well as stressful at same time. Amusing because i was hoping to meet new people and make new friends, Stressful because of  fear that they might like me or not.
After reading the room number of my classroom from the timetable i asked some stranger about where it is exactly. He guided me well and i found the room easily.
Lecturer was already there in class before me. Because of missing first bus to college i was late by 10 minutes which i forgot before in presence of other thoughts but when suddenly i realized that i am late it made me little nervous.
Because it was first day so they were just introducing each other by the time i got their. Everybody was listening to a girl who was introducing herself. To draw attention of lecturer i knocked on door and asked for permission to come in. Now everyone in class was looking at me including lecturer which made me even more nervous.
She asked me politely why are you late. I answered what it was and she was convinced with the answer which made me happy. I was more happy because of the fact that one of my lecturer is very understanding. She told me to sit down.
All the benches at front were preoccupied which was showing that how eager  they were all to learn.One boy who seems nervous was sitting alone. I went towards him and sat  next to him.Lecturer told the girl who was still standing to move on with her introduction.
After couple of seconds sitting in silence i tried to talk with other guy. I asked him how are you.He looked at me for one second said ''good'' and again started looking away. I again asked him what is  your name but he kind of ignored me. He was nervous even more nervous then before.
Suddenly lecturer said ''hey late comer introduce yourself . When someone all of sudden points at you it makes you little bit nervous but i got together myself got up and started speaking. I told them about my background,my ambition and what i have achieved a pretty elaborated  introduction something i myself not expecting i would speak after i said 'thank you' and sat down.
Now its the turn for mysterious nervous guy to introduce him. I was eager to know about him who he is and  what is his background. He got up and said his name and sat down. I got shocked by his reaction and other seems too but lecturer said nothing she then started introducing about subject, what is we are going to study, what are the requirements of subject etc. but i was still  thinking about this guy that what is wrong with him. Whether he just too nervous to speak or just do not want other to know who he is and by the look of it former was seeming more appropriate.
Similarly, in all the other lectures  he was doing the same thing he gets up says his name and sit down every passing minute was making me more eager to know about him. It  was nearly 1'o clock now and I was hungry. Because i was  too much involved in thoughts about this guy i have not talked with anyone else. I again tried and asked him "do you want to grab something from the canteen to eat. this time unexpected happened he said "Yes I do" . I do not know why but his answer made me happy. I told him about one good place we  can go. While walking towards that place i asked him you are local here he replied with one word ''Yes". After some silence i again  asked "do you like here"
He said in confusion "Yes". I was expecting that now maybe he will ask me something but he did not. Now I to gave up. After 5 min walking, we got there. I asked he him what he want he said "I do not know what is good here you order same what you are going to get.
I ordered two cheese sandwiches. The premises was quite busy so they told me to wait 10 mins as already some orders were in queue. I walked towards where he was standing. He was talking on phone but the time i got their he disconnected his phone. I did not have any intentions to ask him but because of my bad habit to know things i don't know I asked him who was it. Even though i should not have asked this question but his answer was worse. Without Clearing any air, he said my friend. His answer has now raised more question like who is this friend??? is he boy or girl?? why he disconnected phone, or it was just co incidence. But i hold myself from asking him any of those question. Suddenly I heard someone shouting, "Two Cheese sandwich" Without talking we both ate our food and then went back to class.
While we were going back to class his phone rang again. He took it out from his pocket and while he was doing this i had a glance of the phone screen. It was "Neha.... but then he realized that i am looking he hid it. He stopped and told me that you go i am coming in 5 minutes. Not that i wanted to go but there was no other way around. But i did something i should not have done as there was left turn ahead so i turned left and stopped their withholding my back to the wall. Fortunately, he did not move away but picked his phone there. "Hello" "Yes I know" "yes yes i just had lunch" "I am alright stop   worrying too much" "He seems nice" "Yes I am talking" "I will talk" "okay" "bye". As phone disconnected i quickly ran towards class which was somewhat 5 yards away.
As i got there Lecturer was already in the hall.  Because of quick sprint i was huffing so she asked are you alright. I said i thought i am going to late to class so i ran. She was happy after hearing that and she told me to sit down. After some time when he came in class and asked for permission to come in Lecturer said that why you are late to class do'not you know the class starts at 2. He did not answered to her question which made her more angry she said even though you knew you are going to late you still walking like turtle learn something from your friend while pointing at me when  he realized he was going to late he ran toward here not walked like you now go and sit down. Better not come to my class instead of coming late. He was not much bothered by what she said instead he seemed little confused may be because of what Lecturer said. He came next to me and sit down. He smiled at me and said "why you came running as you left earlier. i said i went to bathroom. He said "Oh that's why".
Now his behavior seemed different then earlier today. I was still thinking about the girl he was talking to on phone. While I was thinking all this he interrupted "are you local". For a second I was just stunned then  I said Yes in a way. Actually my parents are in abroad I live with my uncle. I actually born and brought up in different city when I was kid my parent moved to abroad but because of some technical reason I could not join them "Oh" he Said. So when you are planning on going abroad. I replied "May be on completing my degree I might go but I am not sure I like it here Before He asks me something I asked what your parents do. He said "both are government employee. Then to clear doubt whether the girl on the phone is not his sister I asked him so you the only son. After a pause he said " Yes". After that  we talked other stuff and even exchanged phone number.
The boy who was hard to talk at start seemed different now but still he behaves same in presence of other. Even though we have good understanding now but he still did not mention  the girl he was talking on phone other day. After that instance I did not saw him talking to her ever again. Which made me curious about what could have happened between them, I was hoping that may be after some days he may tell me about her. But its been months now and not a once I heard her name or anything about her.
My grandmother was little bit sick one day so I called him that I am not coming to college today as I have to take her to hospital which probably going to take all day  so I called him and said "I won't be coming college today". But I got free earlier, so I went college. As I have not eaten all day so instead of going to class I went straight to canteen. After ordering my food I thought I should call him that I came to college and I am in canteen and if he is free he can join me. His side phone network was not seemed good so I spoke loudly "Arun can you hear me" two three times.He said something but because of noise I only heard one word "Bathroom" I repeated "bathroom"  "what bathroom" and after call get disconnected as I was going to call again a beautiful girl sitting on next table turned around and smiled. Not having such kind encounter before I got confused why she is smiling . She got up and came next to me and said "You must be Raman " 
I said "Yes how do you know my name" She replied "I am Neha friend of  "chico "
I said "Chico"  "Who chico "
"Oh sorry sorry Arun" I mean
After 30 seconds of silence I suddenly recalled "Oh shit You are Neha from the call"
"sorry What call" she said. "nothing nothing I mean friend of arun about he never talked about"
"Oh really he never talked about me that's strange  but he told me all about you so briefly  look I even recognized you ". "what do you mean by so briefly" I  asked. "Please do not tell him he try to imitate you sometime in a funny way"
"Imitate me what he can do that" I asked. "Yes he is very good at it" she replied
"good at imitating me" I questioned "No No not imitating but acting he have good acting skills"
What he never told you this before."Oh please don not tell him I told you she insisted.
As I was going to say don't worry. I heard a known voice from behind.
What are you doing here you are suppose to take your grandmother to doctor toaday.
Yes I did but we finished their early so I thought I can attend some lecture.
When did you become so concerned about attending lectures he said. Oh really I think I should be I replied.
>Neha: Why didn't you tell him about me.
Arun: their was nothing to tell.
Neha: what do you mean by nothing there is nothing between us.
Arun:Why are you getting angry I can tell him now Hey raman this is Neha my friend
Neha: what you still hiding
Arun: ok ok my best friend
Neha: For God Sake tell him that I am your damn girlfriend
Raman: "girlfriend''  he have a girlfriend too Oh man how many other talent you are hiding
Neha: I am  going home if you feel shame in introducing me to  your friends as a girlfriend then we can not be together anymore
After saying this she walked from there.
Arun followed her and I followed him after walking a few yards He stopped her
Arun: You know its not about you its about me . You know it and you still reacting this way.
She suddenly started laughing
Neha: what do you think only you can do acting you can see I am good too.
While standing few yards away from them I was thinking what's going on here will anybody tell me.
Then  they walked  towards me
Arun: Raman this is Neha  my one and only girlfriend.
Raman: yes I knew it
Arun : what
Raman: she said before that she is Your girlfriend
Arun: Oh  okok
Even though  I should have asked him that why he  did not tell me about her  but I backed out.
I thought may be he did not trust me.
Now her visits to our college become more frequent. She also become good friend of mine.
We were sitting in canteen me and her. Arun had some test pending so he was not there. From the day I first met there was one thing which  I can not get of my mind that  what did he mean when he said the problem is in me not in you. As he was not going to tell me so today was the chance so I asked her.
Neha: why not ask him
Raman : He is not going to tell me. Or going to tell me something which is not true. Is he always like this hiding things from others? Even from his friends
Neha: she laughed at first and then said what do you think?
Raman: I don't know. evidently everything I knww about him because of you . So I cannot guess here.
Neha: Actually he was very open when we were kid.
Raman: oh crap! So you know him since childhood
Neha: is that important
Raman : na na I just didn't know
Neha: well you know now. So he has this friend kind of his best friend he share with him everything, they were great together
Raman: let me guess he died
Neha: You want to know or not
Raman: Yes I do
Neha: then shut up and listen.
One day arun's father came under investigation due to some bribery taken by some employee in their department. There even a day when  their was 90% chance that he is going to jail. He was very upset so he shared with him. You know every one have some insecurities. His best friend was always jealous of him because he have all the attentions from teacher as he was very bright student. So when he told him this he told all the class later all class started calling him son of thief. This went for many days. Though his father proved innocent later. But now it was too late. He already was in depression. It took us me and his parents nearly 7 years to make him normal.
Every since that day he now hesitate in telling other his personal stuff but given time he will share everything with you.
Raman: Oh so he went through a lot. You waited 7 year I guess I can wait a year. But one other thing why name chico.
Neha: while laughing you should have known by now
Tell me what you think when you hear and look chico  fruit
Raman: Umm it looks boring and untasty
Neha: exactly and what happens when you actually eat it
Raman: well its indeed tasty and healty too
Neha : exactly.