Chapter 6

Delacy the King's beast had returned....

"I see," Spoke Suliman after Delacy's speech. "You're in love with Howl like a good wife should be. I must admit, Delacy, when Mrs Pendragon said that you are married to her son, I was adamant that this was false, and that Howl had forced you to play along with one of his ridiculous ideas. But, I see I was wrong."

Delacy wasn't going to tell the woman that she was indeed correct, this was one of Howl's ridiculous ideas. And for the first time, it seemed to be working, which Delacy was thankful for. Keeping a straight expression, Delacy didn't answer Suliman. But Suliman watched as Delacy's hair and eyes returned back to its white colour and pale blue, the shock from Suliman's confession of Delacy loving Howl sparked her to revert back into being powerless. But Delacy began to smile anyway, finally realising what Howl meant to her. She didn't love him as a friend or brother, she loved him as a lover.

"Howl? Did you say Howl! I want his heart... his heart belongs to me!" The witch of the waste suddenly spoke, as she grabbed onto Sophie's skirts as she sobbed into it.

"Now, stop that! Howl's not coming!" Scold Sophie pushing the witch away.

"Oh, I think he will. I now know his weaknesses, Mrs Pendragon." Suliman smiled watching a plane fly over the garden and land outside. Following her gaze, Delacy spotted the king on the plan, quirking a brow at the king she watched as he walked through the door with very unnatural mannerisms. Delacy sighed in dismay when she realised what Suliman had hinted at, this wasn't the king. This was Howl's disguise.

"Your majesty," Suliman greeted with a bow of her head as she began to stand up to greet him properly.

"As you were," 'The King' spoke while stopping her with his hand. "So then, how are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling fine, thank you." Madame Suliman smiled gracefully. The smile that used to make Delacy proud of herself, knowing that Suliman was proud of her. Now, she knew that it was fake.

"I thought I would drop by, instead of sitting through another boring war meeting." Replied Howl in disguise.

"What an honour," Suliman spoke stretching out the word 'honour'.

"Who are your guest?" Question Howl as he turned to stare at Sophie and Delacy. Tilting her head at Howl, Delacy raised an unimpressed expression towards Howl.

'The king?' She thought. 'Couldn't you think of impersonating anyone else? You should've disguise yourself as that mangy old dog! And you're not even acting like the king!'

"This is Howl's mother and wife." Replied Suliman with a cool smile "Mrs's Pendragon's"

"I see, thanks for coming. But I decided not to fight this war with magic. We have tried to use Madame Suliman's magic to shield our palace from the bombs, but the bombs fall on civilians homes instead. That's the problem with magic isn't it, Suliman?"

"You're so eloquence today, your majesty." Nodded Suliman from her wheelchair.

"Suliman!" The real king yelled, waving a piece of paper in the air as he walked into the room and towards where Suliman sat. It was at that moment that Sophie realises that the king that had been speaking with Suliman all this time wasn't the real king. " I got a new battle plan! We'll beat them to a pulp!" Turning around the real king spotted Howl and he began to laugh, a loud and full belly laugh. "Suliman! That's the best double of me yet! Ha! Keep up the good work!"

"You're majesty." Nodded Suliman with a smile as the King left. Turning to Howl, Suliman's face flatten. "It's been a while, Howl."

"You look well, Madame Suliman." Complimented Howl, as he bowed in respect.