Chapter 16: Yes

When I woke up that next morning, something wasn't right. Dale wasn't next to me. I shook it off because there are times when he has to go into work and doesn't have time to leave me a note. But it was a Sunday, kind of odd. We had partied with Jewel, had a great night despite the little run in with Will, and to top it off an amazing love session, where we both said I love you to each other for the first time. So of course in my my mind I'm where is my man? I laughed at thoughts and hopped out of the bed and made some breakfast for myself. I messaged Dale and then called jewel, "hey where you at girl?" I asked Jewel. "Girl at my store and it's busy in here, did you write another article?" she laughed behind her question. "no that was all you girl, I've been so in love I haven't written any blogs forreal" I said to her. "in love!" she got excited. "He told me he loved me last night" I started smiling through the phone. "you better had said it back Ava!" She scorned at me. "of course I did, I love him, I do" I started reminiscing "from watching him from a far for months to him begin my man, and for him to tell me he loves me and not to say it back, girl I'd be crazy!" I responded back to her and she quickly replied "girl what was crazy was Will and Dale". "I know but he seems to be ok, Will was his sisters ex, the one who got murdered" I said to Jewel and she instantly gasped saying "oh man!". Jewel and I finished our conversation, Dale messaged me back told me he's at the office and will see me when he got home. I ran some errands and came back to his house around six that evening.

I sat on the couch watching t.v when Will's face came on the news. I covered my mouth in shock. Will went missing last night after the club and his body was found this morning by the Hudson River. I turned off the tv on cue, because Dale was walking in. I fixed my face and put some of my hair behind my ear. "hey love" Dale said to me, walking over to me, kissing me on the forehead. "Hey baby, what do you have?" I saw roses in his hands and a red box. "you love me right ?" He asked me and my heart sunk and I don't know why. He gave me the roses and put the box on the table

There was a knock on the door. He got up and looked through the peep hole and got a little upset. "you love me right?" he said it very genuine to me and I said "yes" and then there was another knock follow by, "this is the police, answer the door" I stood up and Dale said "sit down baby" I obeyed and got really nervous. What the hell is going on? I said to myself. He answered the door and three policemen stood infront of him, one drawing his gun.

"Are you Wardell Smith?" one of the policemen asked. Dale instantly put his hands up and I got up and walked towards him. "what's going on?" I asked one of the officers, the other officer was putting handcuffs on Dale. "You are under arrest for being an accessory to a crime of William Thompson who was killed on last night, You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Do you understand the rights I have just read to you?" The policemen stated to Dale. Dale instantly got upset and I said "what! he couldn't have he was with me here at home!". "ma'am he will call you for questioning soon, please calm down, take him to the car" he said to me and one of the officers. Dale looked at me and said "go visit your grandmother, open it and say yes". The officers took him out the house.

I couldn't do anything but tear I was confused. The officers had the wrong guy. I closed the door in disbelief wanting to run to the phone, get his keys to his car, or walk out, scream, everything. I sat at the table and wiped my tears and stared at the red box. I opened it and it was a beautiful 4 carat engagement diamond ring. Under it was a plane ticket confirmation to be picked up. "open it and say yes" I thought about his words in my head and then went back to think of how they took him away in hand cuffs. I closed the box. I put my head on the table and cried for about five minutes. I looked at the box, opened it, shook my head yes while I held it in my hand, I put it on and said out loud "yes".

PSA: thank you to my readers, ghost readers and followers for starring and simply reading my book. Your very much appreciated. Thank you guys!!