Chapter 12

"Potter, a moment before you go."

Harry didn't do anything other than nod his head slightly while still packing away his supplies and books. That didn't mean that he wasn't curious as to what Snape wanted since Snape was the first member of the Order to speak to him in the five days since he'd effectively blackmailed Dumbledore and the entire Order. He hadn't been allowed to stay for the rest of the meeting afterwards, of course, but he was sure that his parting shot warning them that if any of them double-crossed him that he'd have a nice, long real meeting with Scrimgeour about what the Order was up to with a list of members to boot had been a new subject of debate after he'd left. Not that he cared. He'd been absolutely serious when he said he didn't want to be a member of the Order anymore and was sure he'd do better on his own. He'd already proven that because after years and years of the Order operating under Dumbledore's command the group had little to show for their efforts while he had a casual relationship with the evil prick. It had taken Dumbledore years to find a Horcrux, the ring, and destroy it. He'd done that to the first one at the age of twelve before he even knew what the damned thing really was. And he'd really like to see any of the Order walk into Voldemort's hideout and walk back out again. Yeah, he could see how being a member of the Order would be so beneficial to him.

Then leave there and come to me. I will teach you far more than you will ever learn there.

Don't tempt me because we both know I can't. Would you mind backing out of my head during me talking to Snape? The spell wore off again and I don't want to rub my scar while I'm talking to him.

You are asking rather than simply pushing me out? And Dumbledore calls you his boy.

Haha. You should take up a career in comedy if the whole Dark Lord evil bastard thing stops working for you. Voldemort laughed in his head and he chuckled too trying not to wince at the pain the connection was causing in his head. Please? My scar-

I will renew the spell when next we meet. I trust you are working towards that occurring soon.

Aw, missing me, Voldemort. Voldemort went silent and he just barely kept from chuckling out loud along with doing it in his head. Yes, I'm working on it, My Lord, he replied, saying the title teasingly and Voldemort chuckled again.

Careful, Harry. What you say in jest is becoming more fact than fallacy. You are closer to me now than you are to them.

Yeah, yeah, go away so I can concentrate on what Snape is up to. I'll tell you what happened later.

The connection faded with Voldemort chuckling and the ache in his scar faded, too. Wrapping up his mind up tighter than a condom, he set his bag down on the table and waited for the rest of the students to leave. Hermione looked at Snape for a moment before looking at him and leaving the room. He rolled his eyes thinking yet again that she was spending way too much time with Dumbledore. Then again, it wasn't as though she could spend time with him at some of the places he went to, especially at a castle about fifty miles away. No, that place definitely wasn't safe for her, however, after months of random conversations and a few meetings and the past week of talking to Voldemort at least a few times a day since he'd delivered his gifts, he was pretty sure that he was.

"What are you thinking?" Snape asked evenly taking a seat behind his desk at the front of the room.

"Just wondering what you wanted to talk to me about," he replied.