Prologue

Within a week of the death of Lily and James Potter, their funeral was held. It was small, the numbers low due to the amount of their friends and family who were sadly also no longer alive. Out of the large group of school friends that shared so many wonderful memories, Madison, Remus, Evangeline, Frank and Alice were the only ones there to watch as the two beloved people were remembered and honoured. They watched in sadness as their shared coffin was lowered into the ground and covered over. They were the only ones out of the group who went to the Three Broomsticks afterwards in order to drink to the legacy of Lily and James Potter. A bittersweet taste of butterbeer and firewhisky fishing their dry throats.

Meanwhile, Sirius Black began to rot in the infamous, horrific Azkaban prison, guarded by dementors who were prepared to kiss anybodies lives away. Shackles to the wall, stripped of his personality, with a shaven head and scrawny, perused clothes, Sirius screamed out in anger.

"IT WASN'T ME!"

"I DIDN'T DO IT!"

His chest was heavy with the weight of the truth. He yearned for his best friends to be back, for his godson to be in their arms babbling away lovingly, he yearned for him and Remus to be on good terms but most of all, he yearned for Madison Parker. The love of his life. He wanted nothing but for things to be back to normal. And not be the way they were at this precise moment.

Madison, however, was fully broken. It wasn't like the previous times where after a period of time she was able to get her life back on track. No matter what she could not do anything to fix her shattered heart. It felt as if she had lost everything and had fallen into an endless pitt of heartbreak. And endless cycle but this time she was locked in place, her head spinning nonstop. So she ran.

Leaving a simple note to her parents explaining everything, she packed a bag and disappeared in the middle of the night. She had already cleared our Sirius' flat and moved everything (in boxes) into the attic of her parents' house without telling anyone anything. She had done it when they were at work. Voldemort was gone so she didn't have to worry about anyone else getting killed by the evil creature, so she left. And didn't look back.

She left Evangeline.

She left Remus.

She left poor Alice and Frank who were one of the last people to get hurt by the forces of Voldemort. Bellatrix Lestrange had tortured them into insanity. And that was the final straw of it all.

Madison Parker was gone and was not coming back for a while. 13 years in fact.

It was only when Albus Dumbledore found Madison during the Christmas Holidays that she had even considered returning to home. She had stayed in contact with her parents via letters but nothing else. Of course, Dumbledore's visit wasn't warmly greeted, her salty resentment towards the man for actions taken over a decade ago still a fresh wound.

"We would really appreciate your help, Madison," said Dumbledore, sitting at Madison's dining at table one winter afternoon.

"Why?"

"Professor Sinistra has fallen ill and needs the rest of the year to recover and you were fantastic in Astronomy. She has never stopped praising you on your efforts in her lesson, you were her best student. Your level is what she judges the students work on."

Madison sighed, "seriously?"

"I do not lie, Madison. Plus, I think you'll appreciate seeing a certain student."

"Harry?"

"Yes, he may not know who you are, but Madison, this is your chance to impact his life just how you wanted to all of those years ago. After all, you are still his godmother." Dumbledore replied, stroking his beard, "please, we do so very need you."

"Fine," said Madison, raking her fingers across the table, "but I don't want shit wages."

"I can assure you your pay will be good."

"Then it's settled. But if this is a trick for me to finish my N.E.W.Ts you can jog on kitty cat."

"It most certainly isn't."

"Then I guess I'm returning to Hogwarts."