Chapter 4

When Madison was done teaching for the day, dinner was over and her duties were complete she retreated to her quarters where she knelt down in front of her trunk. At the bottom was her onesie, the same one she used to wear back in school. Her unicorn onesie was worn and old but always brought her comfort so she slipped it on.

Every time she wore it the onesie flooded her mind with memories of her and Sirius. How he would tease her and pull her horn or drag her by the tail. She wished she never became a fuck up. She wish she would have booted Marlene away because maybe everything would not have happened. If she was with Sirius still then maybe James and Lily would still be alive.

There was no way Sirius would have betrayed James like that. 12 years, 12 bloody years Madison has spent telling herself that everyday. She yearned for her old life, for her friends, for Sirius. That man still made her heart flutter and if he did betray James, she would never forgive him. Actually, it would ruin her. She has faith he was wrongly accused, she needs him to have been wrongly accused. Death would be the only thing that would heal her pain if he did do it.

Remus entered her quarters just as she was sipping it up and he chuckled. "Oh the infamous unicorn is back." He slithered his arms around her waist and the pair stared at themselves in the mirror.

"It's so hard," she told him for the one billionth time.

"It gets easier."

"When? You have somewhat of a distraction from it all with Belle but I just have James' clone sat in the middle of my class staring at me. He doesn't even know who we are. I should have been there. I should have kicked up more of a storm. Dumbledore should have let me have custody of Harry. He's my godson."

Remus nuzzled his head into the crook of her neck. "I may have Belle but Harry is still there reminding me of James. I cannot fathom that he is here but not. He is literally James with Lily's eyes and heart. He determined like the both of them and Jesus, as much as it hurts I want to spend so much time with him. That's why I'm helping him with the patronus charm, being with him brings a sense of comfort. Try joining us, it may bring closure to you also."

A tear slipped from Madison's eyes and she squeezed them shut, leaning her back against Remus' chest. Her hands covered his and she relaxed in the moment. "Do you think he is safe? Wherever he is?" She asked, referring to Sirius. "I can't get the thought of him dead in a ditch out of my head."

"It's Sirius bloody Black, that man will not be dead in a ditch, he'd be peacefully sleeping in a ditch without a care in the world until he gets startled by a noise then he will do something stupid and then fun."

Madison snickered, "that sounds plausible. He's a fucking eejit."

"Too right he is. Now, let's get you tucked up in bed with a book. You need down time, Miss Parker."

"What about you?"

"I'm going to wander for a little while, I'm wide awake and I might divert to the kitchens and get some tea. Do you want one?"

"I'll pass thanks, you sure you don't want company?"

"Ah yes, I mustn't be caught out of bed after hours with a potty-mouthed unicorn." Smirked Remus as he literally guided Madison into bed and tucked her in passing her the book from the bedside table. She lightly smacked his arm with her book then gasped and cradled the book looking from any damage. Remus glowed in joy at the light heartened mood in the room unlike previously where it was all dull and gloomy like the dungeons. He leaned down and kissed her forehead tenderly. "Goodnight, Maddie."

"Night, Remmy," she sighed and stuck her nose in her book immediately.

He flicked the lamp on and as he left the room, he turned the main light off. Madison was already engulfed in the book in seconds and the time passed considerably quickly.

She didn't even notice when Remus stormed back into her room in a mess. He had tugged at his hair and was waving a piece of parchment around like a madman. "Maddie! Madison! Leo! Madison!" He cried and in the end snatched her book out of her hand and tossed it across the room.

Madison growled and Remus instantly cringed at the sound of the book smacking against the wall and slipping to the floor. He scurried over and picked it up, flattening it out and placing it gently on the beside table before shoving the parchment into her face.

"LOOK AT WHAT HARRY HAD!"

Madison batted the parchment away in annoyance but soon noticed what it actually was. "That isn't the... the map, is it?"

"What else would it be you blithering idiot?"

"Wow, rude that."

"Sorry, but still."

Madison took the parchment and pointed her wand at it. "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

Madison waited for the ink to appear claiming that 'Messrs Moony, Padfoot, Wormtail and Prongs are proud to present the Marauder's Map'. But before hand different words floated to the surface.

'Good evening, Leo, you're looking beautiful tonight x'

Madison's eyes widened and she showed it to Remus with a raised right eyebrow. Remus sniggered, "oh, Padfoot added that just after you two got together, we tried to stop him but Prongs also begged to make one for Lily so we let it happen."

Madison shook her head as the map took its form. "Why did Harry have it?"

"Not a clue, but he did say something rather interesting."

"Go on..."

"He claims to see Wormtail on the map. I told him it is highly illogical but it does make the mind wonder, doesn't it- is that Belle?" He nodded towards the map.

Sure enough Belle was sat in his classroom.

"Let's go find out."