Saying Goodbyes

I get out of my comfy bed and turn of the alarm system on my phone. Shit, it's 7:00. School starts at eight, I have to get ready! School is like fifteen minuets away and that's a long time, at least for me. I have to walk in silence. I run to my closest and open the door, I grab some jeans, a cute shirt, and a sweater since it's fall.

I run downstairs and head to the door, "Anne! You'll need to eat!" Marilla calls for me

I run downstairs and head to the door, "Anne! You'll need to eat!" Marilla calls for me. I sigh, "No I'm not that hungry."  I reply. "No, you must." Marilla protests. I roll my eyes. "Fine, I'll have bread and butter."

I sit on the wooden chair and put my head down on the counter. I dig in my little pockets of my jeans and pull out my iPhone XS Max. "Great. It's 7:30." I murmur. I pick up my phone once again and go through Instagram. Gilbert posted a picture of a garden. I mean, he's so likable, but some how I hate him. He's too nice. Ugh, I don't know how to feel.

Every girl is probably falling for him. Except me, well kind of. Sure, his hazel eyes and his curly brown hair is something that can make your heart skip a beat, but he's the best student in class, and I need to beat him. I'm just too competitive.

"You're food is ready." Marilla says. A plate slides to me and I grab the bread and run out the door. I start running really fast.  I arrive outside of my high school I finally finish my breakfast.

I feel a soft tap on my shoulder.

"Hi, Anne." Gilbert says.

My heart skips another beat, I'm looking at his beautiful eyes.

"Hi, Gilbert." I reply.

"I just wanted to say that you're beautiful." He said.

He was blushing, he was looking at me so tenderly.

No. That can't be right.

Ruby has dibs,

"Really?" I say.

"Really."

I look around my surroundings. Nobody's here yet.

I get on my tip-toes, and kiss him on his soft pink lips. I've actually wanted to do that the day he stood up for me when the girls at the other school cut my hair.

I turn around and enter the school. My first period class is Science.

Gilbert and I have different classes for first period. Maybe I'll see him at lunch.

- Lunch -

I walk slowly to lunch, I'm so fucking tired. ELA, has got me angry, Mr. Philip is the worst.

I go over to the lunch table where Ruby and Diana are seated. I look over to my right where the boys usually sit, where Gilbert sits.

"Where's Gilbert?" I ask.

Silence.

"Where is he?" I ask again. "Why do you want to know." Ruby asks.

"I just want to know." I say.

"He didn't tell you." Ruby says.

"Tell me what." I ask.

"He is traveling again." Ruby says, her eyes tearing up.

"What?" I say in disbelief.

"Why are you so shocked!" Ruby says while crying.

"Oh wait I know!" Ruby yells, "You kissed HIM!"

"Who told you?" I said, "I didn't mean to," I say.

Ruby got out of her seat and took her lunch tray, "Josie Pye did." She said, in a cold tone.

I started fondling with my fingers. "I didn't mean too." I pleaded.

"She had dibs."

I hear a girl from behind me. I turn around and see Josie Pye, she has a big smirk on her face.

"Dirty Trash." She said and walked away. I look at Diana. "I don't know what to say." She said. "Ruby's heart broken, you must be too."

"I am." I said, I got up and ran outside.

I kept on running and running until I arrived at Gilbert's house.

I knocked on the door.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Hello, Gilbert?" I said. There was no response.

I fucked up my life. Again.

I fell down to my knees and put my head on the door.

Please, Gilbert come back.

Come back, soon.

Come back so I can slap your handsome, perfect face and scream at you. Come back so Ruby can see you, so that you and Ruby can be together like she always dreamed of.

I don't care about my life, it's already messed up.

I've gotten beaten, harassed by, many foster "parents".

I don't deserve Gilbert.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Okay, the first few chapters will be in POV's but the rest will be on letter forms!! I'm so excited about writing this book, more excited than writing "Orphan" tbh. But check out that book! I do read for reads too 😏

Word Count: 781