Human Emotion

A/N: Hello, my lovely Whovians! I have returned with a long fic! Now, I'm pretty sure every single Doctor who Oneshot book has at least one fic having to do with some form of Aphrodisiac, and I thought 'what the hell, I'mma try this' So at last, here is my take on the "Unwillingly drugged" story that seems to be running around! 

Warnings: Angst, Injections, being drugged

10th Doctor

Love was painful. It tended to enter life without warning, then would proceed to jostle everything from it's neat and organized placement and start making decisions based upon its desires. Love would rip the steering wheel from your hands and then drive you into a muddled chasm of darkness that you would have to climb out of. Pushing and pulling and tearing and biting, it gorged itself on all rationality and replaced it with foolishness and broken hearts. Banishing it from life however would leave you empty; a soulless shell of what you had once been. One needs love, but love comes at a price and it would never be clear until it was too late what exactly that price would be.

You thought that you had been prepared. Love would never grab you the way you had seen it kidnap others. At least, not romantic love. It wasn't your area of interest, romance. In fact, it disgusted you. 'It's only an inclination to mate!" you used to say to anyone who had any sort of tolerance of the subject, insistent on proving them wrong. Their general response however, was only to shake their heads in pity.

'You'll understand someday,' they'd say. 'My condolences to the day it catches you by surprise.' You had never listened to them.

Now, you wished that you had.

Perhaps it was karma, finally taking revenge on all of those years that you had cursed love and those who had fallen captive to it. Often when you looked back, you thought with immense sorrow that you in reality, deserved what you had gotten. Love was not kind, but it was just. Perhaps it was only fate that forced you to fall in love with the only being in the universe who you knew never would and never could love you back.

You loved the Doctor so much that it hurt. He was your best friend and you would have been proud to say that you were his. You traveled across the cosmos, just he and you. Together, the two of you would run across the galaxy on indescribable adventures, leaving stardust in your wake. The Time Lord had opened your eyes to what truly had existed throughout time and space, and in return you helped teach him compassion and gave him companionship.

It was when you recognized your love for the man the very first time, that things had become difficult. Disgusted with your emotions, you began distancing yourself until even the Doctor recognized that something was wrong. You had passed it off as sickness, but there was no denying the cloud of depression that hung about like an aura everywhere you went.

It was terrifying to think of what might happen if ever your true feelings were recognized. So much joy stemmed from the bond of friendship you shared, you felt that you might just die if it were taken away from you. Eventually, you acted upon what you believed was right. You abandoned your new romantic love. Turning up your nose, you left it to rot in the darkest part of your mind, where you wished to never see it again. You went on with life as it had been before, the cloud of depression giving way to radiant sunshine. Life was good once more.

That was up until Love began to cry. You could hear it sometimes, from that damp dark place of horrors. It wept to be set free again, to live and to grow, but you denied it. Love continued to suffer. Sometimes you could feel it tugging at your heartstrings when the Doctor smiled in that quirky way of his, or when he dashed about the console of his magical time machine, glasses askew on his freckled face. It tugged when he was in danger, or when he prevented it. It even tugged when you once caught him sleeping in the library, book propped open on his lap, yet still you ignored it.