2; Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition! It's the zombie apocalypse

"Make sure that you do not just go out and start decapitating zombies left and right."
– South Park, "Pink Eye"

NEVAEH, WHOSE PATIENCE WITH WITCHES were better than her dads had the job of taking down a coven of witches just outside Athens, Georgia, that were covering people in boils and gardens in locusts with Jack, the newest member to Team Free Will

Sometime after 2 a.m., the loud, cranky air conditioner let out an enormous whoof! and died, taking the room from uncomfortably warm to unbearably smothering. They opened the windows and door (careful to replace the salt line) and lay on the sticky coverlets in their underwear. Nevaeh finally turned CNN on mute and stared blankly at the screen.

She stared out, eyes blank as she waited for Jack to get back. The CNN reporter was standing in front of a raging city fire, the reporter started interviewing a man wearing glasses and scrubs.

In cake the Nephilim, hands twisting his jumper, eyes darting around as he quickly sat beside the Winchester, "There's another one of those thing you, Sam and Dean saw. A.. a zombie?"

"Really?" She blinked, "That was three weeks and many hundred miles ago."

"I know, it's just there's another one," Jack mumbled.

"Thanks for letting me know Jack. You done good." Nevaeh told him with a small smile as he grinned easily, quickly picking up a shotgun she followed Jack and went outside. In front of the brightly glowing machine that declared COLD COLA! in eye-scalding blue, a zombie, an older guy in khaki pants, a short-sleeved white button-down and a tie, fell to the ground as Jack lifted his hand. He let out a moan that was truncated by a ax coming down on his neck and severing his larynx from his head.

Nevaeh just didn't know how to express how bizarre her life was sometimes. Instead of trying, she went back to the room and snagged one of the putrid yellow coverlets, which she and Jack then used to roll up the de-animated zombie and carry it to the dumpster. "It's going to stink something terrible in this heat," She grunted as they hefted it up over the lip of the bin.

"We could burn it!" Jack replied with a thoughtful frown on his face. Given that everything about "Cozy Peaches Quarters," from the now-defunct air conditioner to the sparks the peach on the sign periodically gave off screamed fire hazard, no one seemed to have noticed them decapitating a zombie and disposing of its remains either.

Flopping onto the bed, Nevaeh stared at the CNN that was still on, and now a different reporter was standing in front of a massive freeway pileup. The tagline read Lebanon, Vermont.

Despite the heat and the stink of zombie, Nevaeh fell asleep with Jack in the other bed beside her giggling to the latest SpongeBob.

___