3; The Worlds Worst Zombie Paparazzi

"I'm guessing that I've grown horns
I guess I'm human no more
I can tell I've rotted in your brain
Oh, how easily passion twists
You think I'm a crazy bitch
I craft my words to fit your head
'Cause no one listens to the dead."

     THE FUZZY SOUND OF THE TELEVISION made Nevaeh furrow her brows, blinking owlishly and wiping her eyes as she stretched from side to side, poping the bones in her back with a loud satisfied sigh. Glancing at the TV, she saw Jack staring at it glassy eyed.

"Hey bud." She tried to smile in a comforting manner. "How are things?" She asked, referring to the news. Neve scooted down the bed and out a hand on his shoulder, rubbing the tense muscles.

"Worse," the Nephilim said tersely, eyes flickering to the screen and back towards her face.

Tilting her head to the side Nevaeh looked towards the curtain. Rubbing her bleary eyes some more, the twenty two year old stood up, and went over to the window and found the curtain strings.

Five zombies were lined up at the window, their faces pressed to the glass.

They groaned with enthusiasm at the sight of the room's occupants. It was like, She mused to herself with a sleepy thought, the world's worst paparazzi.

"Ah shee-it." She grumbled, "Can't catch a break." She muttered as she got dressed, putting in the typical flannel and leather the Winchester's loved. "Get dressed, J. We need to get moving, yeah?"

"On it." Jack nodded quickly, taking his clothes to the bathroom to change. Nevaeh scanned the room for anything they'd forgotten before loading the shotgun, stocked extra ammo in his pockets, and grabbed her knife.

"I'm ready." Jack opened the bathroom door before slowly moving to stand in front of the window, frowning and looking at the zombies/Croats who were climbing over each other in a vain attempt to tear the Nephilims throat out.

"Jack, get back." Nevaeh scolded, heart thumping in her chest, taking his arm she pulled him towards her, before nodding towards a small looking cafe. "Breakfast?"

A innocent infectious smile warmed Jacks face as he nodded, a slight giggle to his voice as he eagerly replied with a yes.

They left the room and dispatched of the zombies before they could even get away from the window. Nevaeh scanned the area carefully, but no more undead presented themselves, so they crossed the parking lot to the gas station/restaurant.

The door was unlocked, but the inside was deserted. The power was still on, though, so Nevaeh let herself into the kitchen and started fresh coffee brewing. She was pulling out eggs, bacon and biscuits to make them some quick sandwiches when she heard a clatter from the aisles near the register.