Chapter 29

Georgia's P.O.V.

I slowly scooted to the edge of the bed and grabbed my mom's hands for support. I scooted off the bed and soon I was standing. There was a little pressure on my legs but otherwise, I was ok. Mom grabbed my stand and held that while she held onto me and we started to walk to the cafeteria downstairs. I have been meaning to ask mom something... and maybe god is telling me to ask now. My heart started to race and I couldn't speak for a minute. I took a deep breath and spoke.

-"Hey mom?"

-"Yes baby girl?" *I smiled but it faded away quickly. I took an even bigger breath.

-"Do... do you remember that night? The night I kissed you?"

-"Yes but why are you bringing that up?"

-"Well... I know the reason now... when I was down... I realized that I loved you more than anyone. I came back for you and only you. When the doctor was talking to me when I was down, she told me if I wasn't going to fight for myself then fight for someone that I loved... I loved you more than anyone..." *she had tears in her eyes but she held them back.

-"What are you saying baby... you aren't making sense to why you kissed me..."

-"Well... I guess I am saying... is that... I like you more than my mother... I like you more than my friend, more than my sister, more than any other word that isn't as a crush... mom, I am crushing on you and I get if you don't want to be my mom anymore because you would feel uncomfortable around me an..." *I broke down in tears not being able to finish my sentence and my legs were growing weak.

-"Georgia... please calm down..." *we stopped walking and she was standing in front of my holding my cheeks in her palms. I didn't want to look at her so I kept my eyes closed. I felt my heart starting to sink into my chest and it felt like it was being taken away from me. My legs grew weaker and it wouldn't be long until they gave out.

-"I feel like the worst and most disgusting person in the world..."

-"Georgia... please stop..." *she put her forehead against mine. I could hear her sniffling and that made me hurt even more but I finally decided to suck it up. I took her hands off of my face and I wiped my tears away and tried avoiding eye contact.

-"Mom... I don't know what to do about this anymore... I can't just keep it in and suffer... when you kissed me in the ICU, I felt alive and I came back. I was seconds from dying and when you did that, you brought me back to life... You kissed me with more passion than anyone has and... god I don't know what to do..." *My legs gave out and I collapsed to the floor. Nurses rushed to me and I was shaking like crazy.

-"Georgia? Georgia! What's wrong with her?! Someone answer me please! Georgia! No, Georgia! No! Bring her back to me! Bring her back! I love you!" *The last words I heard... I love you... I passed out.

Jennifer's P.O.V.

I was in the waiting room and I was just rocking back and forth waiting for the doctors to come and tell me anything about Georgia. I kept replaying her words in my head not being able to stop thinking about it now...

Mom, I am crushing on you...

Then it hit me... when I did kiss her in the ICU, it was meant for her and only her to feel... I kissed her the way I did on purpose because I did like a little bit and when I got the chance, I took it... but it couldn't be any other way than her being my daughter and for her, I could be nothing more but her mother...