Chapter 8 YES

Was she hearing him correctly?

Did he really said that?

But why? Bakit gusto nitong maging sila kung alam niya ang kanyang balak?

Bigla siyang nagblush sa kanyang naisip, pero hindi ba't yun naman ang gusto niya?

Ang magkagusto ito sa kanya?

Wala siya magawa kundi ang titigan ito.. At subukang hulaan kung ano ang tumatakbo sa isipan ng binata.

"Huh?" sawakas ay natauhan na siya.

"Look, Ms. Castillo, it's not what your thinking, this proposition is wholly for our game only."

Naguluhan lalo si Laurie sa mga sinasab ni Logan.

She frowned and Logan noticed her confusion.

He smirked and then, started to explain. "We're players aren't we?" he asked as she nods. Not letting her answer he immidiately talked again. "At matagal mo na akong binabagabag, Ms. Castillo, so I'm offering you this proposition."

"To be your girl, is that it?" she said unbelieving to what she's hearing from this guy. "What are your terms, Mr. Magnos?"

He smirked, he knows she's about to say yes. "One month. You're gonna be my girl for one month." he stopped, his observing her reaction first. Whne he sees that she's still listening intently, he proceed,"I'll be the perfect boyfriend, and I hope so you are," he smirked, this where he drops the bomb,"first who fall in love loses."

Laurie was pleased of what she heard, this is what she exactly wanted. She can't help but smile when she heard his terms. So this is what he wad pertaining when he asked about being players. She liked the idea, it was perfect for her plan. In no time at all she can twist him in her hands, he will be at her mercy.

"So what happens to the loser? Surely there are consequences." she said.

"Oh yes," he nods as if thinking, "I almost forgot about." He stared at her, his face void of any expression.

As she stares into his eyes, she help but feel hynotized by those eyes again, as if being drawn into a black hole.

She was surprised when he touched her chin and pushed it upward, he closed in and the distance between them where gone, not even air can pass.

She has to say something! Immidiately! she thought. Her heart is beating loudly again, she fears that he might hear it. She pulled away from his stare not being able to take it. This man affects her in strange ways.

"What if you lose,.... Logan?" she said his name as if it's the first she's saying it. She raised the question not to inquire about their deal but it was to distract herself from the anonymous sensation he was giving her.

Her eyes were looking down to the ground. Her chin was still held up by Logan. He wasn't saying anything, and his stillness and silence were deafening her. She looked into his eyes. Trapped by his gaze again, her whole body went rigid when his forehead touched hers.

"What if I lose, aye?" a playful smirked plastered on his face. But it was only for a second, his face became serious so suddenly. "Then I will be completely at your mercy." he said, his face guarded with emotions.

Hindi malaman ni Laurie ang gagawin. She can't put a name to the emotion she felt in his voice. Was it reluctance? confusion? or was it pain? No, no, no, she immidiately dimissed the idea in her mind. Why in the world would he feel pained?

He's expression changed again, a playful smile formed in his lips and all to soon, their his lips touched

It was only a peck, but enough to send shiver down her spine.

"Say yes, Laurie." he's still smirking, a part of her wants to say no. It keeps telling her he's dangerous and she will regret it.

She slightly pushed him away and looked into his eyes. It felt like eternity for the both of them.

But after a moment she said,

 "YES. But in my conditions."