chapter 12

^ (stole this cute pic off my instagram💞 AND CAN I JUST SAY my reads went up by 100 in only a day like omf I know it's still not THAT many but it still means the 🌍 )

🌑
SKYLET'S
🌚
POV:
🌑

The moment I awoke, I heard the loudest thumping ever. I could've sworn we were being invaded my rhinos. A loud crash erupted as my door swung open and Xavier and Ryder came tumbling in. I had to contain a giggle at how eagerly hilarious the looked.
"What got you two so excited?" I asked curiously. They looked at each other awkwardly. Am i missing something? Were they not telling me something here? Could I see a hint of blush in both their faces? I giggled again which made their expressions ease and smile.
"How are you feeling?" Xavier asked.
"Like normal." I said simply, but he nodded his head, asking me to elaborate.
"Fine. But... I am quite curious as to one thing?" I asked, timidly. I know they promised me no harm, but was I really about to test my confidence and ask this? Could I?

"Why am I here?" The words flew out of my mouth. They stared at me. Oh fudge. "I... I... mean, I love it here, c...couldn't have asked for anywhere better but... I mean I'm useless to you. I get you want to save my species... but why am I here?" I tried to make my first question better by stuttering out a paragraph.

I think I only made it worse.

"That day at the cells, Sky, remember?" Xavier said, I nodded.
"I was only looking round, to inspect it, just check it out. I wasn't planning of buying anyone. I mean, not with my beliefs... I thought I just couldn't. I didn't really know what to expect, but let's just say I was shocked, let alone disgusted by the starving, abused, angels deprived of freedom, outdoors, their wings... that's why I said to you I'd like yours out all the time. To make you feel free. I was just looking, until I saw you. You were dirty, exhausted, and curled up in ball but there was something about you, my dear Skylet, so captivating and beautiful." He chuckled as I blushed furiously. "I know I should've saved the lot of you, but I knew you were special, Skylet, It would make me sick to my stomach to see you suffer any longer." Xavier smiled at me, as I smiled back.
My eyes trailed over to Ryder, just sitting on the couch watching us, clearly amused by Xavier's story telling and emotional outburst towards me.
"So, do you just plan on keeping me here? Like this?"

"I also plan on loving you in every way you will let me." Xavier smirked. Oh gosh, he knew I wanted him... oh Gosh, what would God say? I laughed to myself, imagining Her scowling down at me. Angels are meant to keep their innocence and purity, but they're also meant to be a loving and compassionate species... how does that work?

"As do I." I heard Ryder say as he arose from his chair. What?!! He wanted to love me too? Taking in his appearances more closely now, I noticed how similar yet different the two brothers were. Xavier's hair was darker, and his jawline was more structured, yet Ryder's eyes were rounder and his lips were ever so slightly plumper. They were both so tall, tanned and toned, especially compared to me. In fact, despite their demoness, they were both very beautiful.

What is wrong with me?! Fantasying and complimenting two men is wrong and sinful!

Xavier sharply looked at his brother, could he be feeling a little jealous... possessive? I don't know. As an angel, I should be good at detecting people's emotions, but there was something about these brothers. Something so unique, so captivating, mysterious. Something that just lured me in and wouldn't let me leave.

And what's that something called again?

Could it be....

love?