Ch9 - Just Like a Movie

Chapter 9 – Just Like a Movie

“They were so sweet!” Anastasia exclaimed as we backed out of my family’s drive way. “I definitely have to come back again and finish looking through your baby pictures with your mom.”

“Haha.” I said sarcastically but a grin touched my lips at the sound of her laugh.

Anastasia Kerr was perfect.

Yes, I know I say that a lot but she was. I don’t even think she’s real. It was like she was some kind of illusion.

My family loved her and she seemed to enjoy their company just as much. When I watched her interact with them today, it was like the universe aligned itself and nothing could go wrong. Everything was going my way.

“Are you taking me back home?” she asked me as we merged into the highway. I stole a glance her way and saw her looking at me, once again biting that bottom lip of hers.

The digital clock on my radio said ‘9:17’. We had classes tomorrow but I’m sure we could do something that wouldn’t cause us to stay out too late.

“We could go to the Santa Monica Pier for an hour or so.” I suggested. Anastasia smiled in return and I swooned.

Ten minutes later, we were pulling up the parking lot by the Santa Monica beach. I grabbed my leather jacket from the back seat before I got out of the car then, I quickly made my way to her side to open her door for her.

“Such a gentleman.” She commented with a giggle. Sometimes, a girl’s giggle can be annoying but Anastasia’s giggle can make you fall in love.

We walked side by side across the sand and towards the pier. Since it was a Wednesday, there wasn’t a lot of people present. We walked up the wooden steps and stopped at the side by the banister overlooking the ocean.

“Do you want to go on the rides?” I asked her.

She shook her head. A gust of the ocean breeze hit us and I saw her let out a little shiver. I dropped the leather jacket from my arms and wrapped it around her shoulders. She smiled at me, her lips quivering from the cold air.

“No, I’m fine right here.” She whispered.

I didn’t realize how close we were. Our toes were touching. Her back was pressed against the wooden railing. Her hair was being carried by the wind and I could smell her enticing perfume.

Anastasia was standing right in the middle of the sunset. The sun behind her was like a golden halo around her head.

Breathtaking.

“God, you’re so beautiful.” I said.

Her brown eyes widened and she smiled. Her eyes lowered and she let out a little chuckle as a red blush tinted her cheeks.

“Thanks,” she said. “You’re pretty handsome yourself.”

Our eyes met and I was well aware of my heart pounding.

This reminded me of the first time we were ever this close; at the bar when we were having a drink. This butterfly feeling I always get whenever I’m near her will never go away. She will always excite me like this. I could never get bored of her.

I broke our eye contact to look at our surrounding. No one was near enough to interrupt this moment. Nobody can ruin this.

Kiss her.

Kiss her.

Kiss her.

The voice inside my head was making me so nervous that I began to overthink.

What if she doesn’t like me like that? What if she didn’t want me to kiss her? What if she thought we were rushing things?

I was so close to hyperventilating.

I’m such a little b*tch. No wonder no one ever liked me. No wonder I’ve never had a girlfriend. I was too scared to do anything. I never once took a leap of faith, to say f!ck everything and take the risk, putting everything in the line.

Even my heart.

But Anastasia was worth all that. So could I do this? Could I kiss her and risk everything?

I looked deep into her chocolate brown eyes and knew the answer…

I couldn’t.

I can’t risk this friendship I’ve built between us. If she rejected me, it would all be over. Everything I’ve done to get her would all be for nothing. I couldn’t lose her over an in-the-moment kiss.

I saw her face fall and her lips turn downward the moment I stepped back, putting space between us. Her lips parted and I practically felt her heart break.

Did she want me to kiss her? Was that why she looked so upset?

I didn’t know what to do. I was so confused.

The second a fake smile appeared on her face and her eyes turned glassy from the unshed tears was the moment I realized I just f!cked up.

When she started to walk away, everything broke lose.

I grabbed a hold of her hand and tugged, making her spin in my arms. When her body was pressed against mine, I put my other hand on the back of her neck, tilted her back and kissed her.

The world stopped spinning on its axis. Everyone stopped moving. The clouds parted and the Gods shone a bright spotlight over us.

Just like a movie.

I kissed her lips and kissed it again, and again, and again. I felt her smile against my lips and I smiled as well.

I bit her bottom lip – something I’ve wanted to do for a long time – and her lips parted for me. Her tongue licked against the seam of my mouth and I opened for her.

When our tongues touched, everything inside me melted. She tasted of the strawberry shortcake she had for dessert and I couldn’t get enough of it.

Our lips memorized each other’s. They molded together perfectly. I could feel our hearts beating in synch against our chests.

We heard the loud horn of a nearby boat, making us part. It was dark; the sun has set. That’s how long we were kissing.

Her hands were gripping the collars of my shirt and my leather jacket had fallen off her shoulders and over my forearm that was wrapped around her waist.

“That was the perfect kiss.” She whispered, her breath fanning my face.

“With the perfect girl.” I replied.

“With the perfect guy.” She said and we kissed again.

Finally! They kissed! What do you guys think?

Sorry I haven’t written in so long, college has been taking up so much of my time /: I’m so sorry!

Please vote & comment. I love you guys! <3