O N E

- ̗̀➛  ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ f a l l e n ❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌

- ̗̀➛ ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ f a l l e n ❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌

༉‧₊˚✧ 𝓣he sound of his fingers tapping on the plastic arm rest of his seat on the plane was all Adrien could hear. Not even the monotone voice of his long-term family assistant, Nathalie Sancoeur, could be heard.

What was it like to lose somebody? Adrien didn't know yet, he'd never had the chance to meet any family members that had already passed, and he'd never been close enough to anyone who had died to be able to mourn the loss. Would this be the day he found out? That was one of the only thoughts crossing his mind right now.

As the plane began its descent, the blonde finally came back to his senses, his green eyes darting around the interior of the plane before finally landing on Nathalie.
"-and your father has arranged a meeting with the press after lunch, as you weren't able to attend your photo shoot in Rome." She was almost robotic, her posture perfect and her dull eyes glued to the schedule on her lap. The boy would pinch the bridge of his nose, letting a sigh escape his soft lips,
"Nathalie, for now, I just want to be with my mother, she shouldn't be left alone when she's like this." Adrien would look to the woman sitting across from him with pleading eyes. Nathalie would only stare for a minute, before turning back to her schedule, looking almost bored,
"We'll see what can be done when we arrive at the mansion." She'd say, crossing one leg over the other.
Adrien sent her a small, forced smile, before turning to the window, where the ground could be seen growing closer.

As soon as the plane had finally stopped moving, which to Adrien, felt like a life time, he was out of his seat and rushing off of the plane. His bodyguard, or as Adrien liked to call him, 'Gorilla' could be seen keeping the paparazzi and fans at bay as the teenager made his way towards the airport. Forgetting completely about his luggage, he rushed to where he saw his limo, getting in with Gorilla and Nathalie following behind.

As he stared down at his feet, he couldn't help but wonder what had happened. His mother seemed fine before he left, of course she was ill, but she was supposed to be getting better. Often his mother would forget where she was, who she was, she had even forgotten Adrien for a few minutes once, but she always remembered not too long after, what could have changed? Whilst stuck deep in his endless thoughts, the model had failed to notice the limo beginning to move, and the sympathetic look he was receiving from a certain black haired woman.

Nathalie, Emilie Agreste's best friend and assistant of Gabriel Agreste (but she was more like an assistant to the whole family now). Nathalie had met Emilie in collège when they were just eleven, becoming best friends almost immediately. As time went by, Nathalie learnt that her feelings for Emilie had grown more than she could imagine, they had turned into romantic love. In fear of rejection, she chose to hide how she felt, especially once Emilie met Gabriel. He was like her god, she worshipped the ground he stepped on, Nathalie always asked herself how she could be so foolish as to think that Emilie would ever look at her that way. They fell in love, got married, and eventually had a son. Nathalie was fine with being the families assistant for a short while, but seeing everything they done together, every moment, made her wonder if this was what she could have had with Emilie if she had just told her. The 'if' repeated in her head over and over again like a broken record, if only she had been honest. But now, she has to be there for her son.