November 2003

namjoon

I hate going to the cemetery. It's boring and tiring. Not to mention freezing cold.

I think no.

I groan and almost trip over my Halloween candy as I stumble out of bed to get into the car.

I am going to the cemetery with my family to visit Grandma and Grandpa's grave. I've done this every year since they died. Every November 1st. The same thing.

I don't pay much attention to what's going on. I'm only ten so what's there to care about.

I pop out of the car the second I arrive after the painful 45 minute drive. It's so boring going here. I barely even knew my grandparents.

Does anyone like it here? It's basically just depression and sadness. It's a gloomy day, too. The clouds frown over the sky and the whole atmosphere is gray. What a beautiful day.

I notice another family there with a girl who looks like my age. She's pretty. Her dark hair falls far down her back and her eyes shine from the far distance. I wonder what her name is. I've never seen her here before.

nari

I miss Dad so much it pains me to visit his grave on this cool, crisp day where the wind stings my eyes and the breeze blows through my hair.

I like this time of year. I like these gloomy days where the wind pricks your skin and the ground is soft from a previous night's rain.

I straighten my dress and run my fingers through my hair after getting out of the car. I notice that there's only one other family here. There's this boy who looks like he's my age. He's kind of cute. I think I want to talk to him. I meet his sparkling eyes and smile. Yeah, he's cute.

My family says some prayers to the grave while I wipe away a couple of tears. I guess there's no chance of Dad coming back, is there?

namjoon

The cute girl smiles at me and I smile back. It was a sad smile. She doesn't look in the mood to do anything and you notice her wiping tears away as her mom says something.

I wonder who she's here for.

I hate this, I'm so bored. If only I could talk to that girl.

Maybe we can be friends?

"Okay, let's go."

I sigh and steal one more glance before getting in the car.

nari

He keeps looking at me. Can't he see that I'm sad. I'm crying for goodness sake.

Although, I wouldn't really mind if he kept looking at me.

His group begins walking away and he looks at me one last time before getting into a car.

He is pretty cute.