November 2008

namjoon

I'm not that motivated to go the cemetery today. She probably won't be there like last time. She probably moved on.

I should too.

"Namjoon! Let's get going!"

I sigh heavily as I saunter downstairs.

Guess I'm going this year.

I'm 15 now.

She'd be the same age.

nari

I'm so excited. Jae and I are still together and he's perfect.

He agreed to come to the cemetery with me today!

You wait by the front door with your parents while you watch the street for Jae.

He's late.

"Nari, he's ten minutes late."

"He'll be here."

Three minutes later he knocks on your door and he comes into your house.

Your dad gives him a look of disapproval as he starts to go outside to the car.

You smile and grab his hand.

namjoon

You see her walk out of the car and immediately smile.

She's her—

Another man walks out behind her. She doesn't even spare you a glance as she heads to the little park by the cemetery with the man.

They're all giggles and smiles and he pushes her on the swing.

They look so happy.

She looks happy.

You take the ring in your finger and shove it into your pocket.

Throughout the whole trip you can hear the laughters of the only girl you've ever loved.

To be completely honest, you haven't been so great recently.

Things have been getting harder, and sadder. There're almost like these walls built around you, slowly closing in until you break.

You'd always imagined her digging through the wall trying to get to you. Now, she's given up and you can here her laughter from outside the wall.

And another man's laughter.