Author's Note

First off, let me start by thanking you, reader, from the bottom of my heart for reading my story. There are so many wonderful stories here on Wattpad and it means so much to me that you chose to spend your precious time with Falon and Wolf. I hope you've reached the end having enjoyed the journey.

Also....

I'M SORRY, PLEASE FORGIVE ME! I know cliffhangers are a cruel, cruel device that writers use and I RAGE at them as a reader, and doubly so when the second book in the series isn't even out yet! So, please -bows in the deepest of bows, forehead hitting floor- accept my apologies for doing it to you!

SOUL BOUND was my very first novel, which began when I was 17 years old. For 7 years I wrote, rewrote, scrapped, revised, cut, and just generally beat the crap out of this story until I ended up with the novel you just read (over 11 entirely different drafts and I still could never quite get those first chapters right argh!). After finishing it, I queried manymanyMANY agents looking for representation, ultimately having no success. Every agent seemed to say the same thing: "it's a good book, but the market is over-saturated with these stories right now and it will be too hard to sell." Met with the disappointment of having a book that would never reach readers, the series I had planned came to an abrupt end with the first book (and that horrible cliffhanger, SORRY).

I haven't worked on SOUL BOUND in about 5 years, though I miss being in Falon and Wolf's head so much. But then along came Wattpad, and it feels like my mind child has gotten her second chance! And I'm so thankful that this story has finally found its way to readers. I hope you found a character to love, a character to hate, and a character that felt familiar. If anyone is ever interested in it, maybe I will get the chance to revisit this world and give Falon and her ragtag pack the closure they deserve with the sequel!

Thank you for coming along on this WILD ride, reader. Falon, Wolf, and I are eternally grateful.

Much love and heartfelt thanks,

CM