Chapter 7

"So Tessa," Zayn said as he threw his crumbled up napkin onto his empty plate. "What do you want for your birthday?"

Tessa mentally groaned. The Boys all stopped laughing and talking to listen to her reply. She messed with her uneaten fries as she tried not to snap at him. She hated those kind of questions. She hated anything that had to do with her birthday.

"Nothing." She said looking up to the boys. "I want nothing. And I don't want everyone to make a big deal about it. It's just another day, why does it have to be a big thing?"

"Because its your birthday." Louis says. "It should be all about you."

"I don't want it to be about me." She said slowly so they all understood. She hated her birthday.

Her parents used to have a big day planed. Sometimes they didn't even have a 'party' it was just them. From the minute she woke up and her mom had a homemade cake with lit candles for her blow out to her bed time when her parents would let her sleep in their bed and they would watch her favorite movie, it was the best thing. She used to love it.

She'll never forget her 12th birthday, the first without her parents. She cried the whole day. Her uncle didn't know what to do. He tried his hardest to get her to stop. He tried to make it a fun day. He tried. After that birthday she begged him not to have another party for her. She thought she would just ruin it by crying, and she didn't want to see his expression when he couldn't get her to stop crying.

"I just don't like parties." She tried to explain.

"Okay so... So far we know you like to drive race cars, your a gamer, and you don't like parties. Tell us something else about yourself." Niall said. Tessa looked at him next to her, then to the other boys. They all waited with eager eyes to hear what she was going to say.

"Like what?" She ask, not knowing what to say.

"What's your favorite color?" Louis asks randomly. Tessa smiles, trying not to full on laugh at his randomness.

Niall can't help but smile when he finally sees her smile. His eyes run across her face. Her lips slightly turn up, making dimples form on her cheeks. They weren't just faint though, they were like Harry's kind of dimples, very noticeable.

"Um, neon green." She slightly chuckles and forwards her eyebrows at his random question.

"Green?" Harry asked. "I would have thought black, or red. Or even purple, but green?"

A slight blush forms on Tessa's checks as her smile disappears. How much can someone tell by only your favorite color? She wandered. She was beginning to think that they weren't believing her 'badass' act.

"What's your middle name?" Zayn asked. Tessa froze. Her middle name. Of all the boys it had to be Zayn who asked. She mentally chuckled at her irony. She looked at the boys then bite her bottom lip to keep from smiling but failed, her lip slipping out from between her teeth.

"Well?" Liam asked.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you." She bites her lip again as she stares at her fiddling hands.

"Hey, we're believe just about anything." Louis 'defends' them, making Tessa laugh a little.

"Uncle Simons name was actually Fernando but he got teased way too much when he was eight so he begged his mom to change it to Simon." She said in one breath. The boys stared at her in awe. That was the most she had spoken since they met, but that's not why they were shocked.

Fernando...

"Seriously?" Niall asked, gobsmacked.

"No, I'm just messing with ya. You guys really would believe everything." Tessa bursts out laughing. Niall starts laughing with her as the rest of the boys still stare, stunned.