Chapter 10

Tessa slept soundly on her bed. Her eyes moved under her eye lids as she dreamed. She couldn't help but dream of Luke. Her dreams dark, almost nightmares usually. Yet this one wasn't quite like that. She dreamed of the artificial happiness that was once and every day thing, she hadn't had it for a few days now.

Niall walked down the stairs, in hopes of getting her to go swimming with the boys. He stopped at the bottom of the stairs, watching Tessa sleep.

She was cute in her sleeping state. Her hair was sprawled out on her pillow. Her eyes softly closed as slight snores came from her slightly parted lips.

Niall walked closer, sitting on the bed next to her. He was going to wake her up but something stopped him. She looked to peaceful. Niall leaned back on the bed, putting his hands behind his head as he watched her sleep. He felt stalker-ish but he knew just about anyone would watch her sleep. No one could not, waking her up would be like murdering a kitten.

Niall stiffened as Tessa moved closer in her sleep. She snuggled her head into his side and moved her leg over his left leg. Niall bite back a smile as he watched her move in her sleep.

In her sleepy state she thought he was Luke. Her hand traveled to the hem of his shirt and slowly moved under it. Niall stayed still, watching in amusement. Tessa's hand stayed under his shirt while she fell deeper in her sleep.

He stared down at her hand, feeling weird. He didn't want her to move away. Yet he felt weird, like he was somehow taking advantage of her in her sleep. Niall reluctantly removed her hand from his shirt and her leg from his, feeling guilting for getting turned on.

"Tessa." He whispered. "Tessa wake up." She stirred, wrapping her arm around him again. "Tessa wake up. It's ten in the morning." Niall tried again. His hand went to her hair, combing the black and red locks between his fingers. Tessa shot up, frightened. The feeling of someone touching her hair was alarming her. Never did anyone touch her hair before, not even Luke.

"Morning." Niall smirked. Tessa moved, sitting up and staring at Niall.

"Hey." She says, tiredly.

"Swimming?" Niall asked. Tessa shook her head, not wanting to swim.

Truth was, she did want to swim with them. But she couldn't get her 'hair' wet. And she wasn't about to take it off.

"Please?" Niall pouted. Tessa smiled sleepily at his adorableness, but she just shook her head again. "Your a major gamer." Niall randomly changes the topic, looking over to the tv that Tessa forgot to turn off last night.

"Yeah, it was something I used to do with my dad." She said, sighing. She didn't understand why, but she suddenly got the urge to talk to him about her parents. Niall's head turned to her at the mention of her dad. She did under stand how she had managed to mention not only her mother but also her dad to these boys. It was something she never did. Yet it was so easy to talk to these boys.

"Sounds like a cool dude." Niall offered her a small smile. He fought the urge to ask about him.

"He was." Tessa smiled down at her lap. "He uh... Died when I was 11."

Niall's smile disappeared as he stared at the girl in front of him. He felt like hugging her. He felt like he should comfort her somehow.

"He was in a car accident... And um..." A tear fell from her eye and she immediately wiped it away, disappointed that she had let it escape. Niall sat, silently. He didn't know what to do but seeing her cry made him want to hug her more. "He died instantly." She choked, not looking up to Niall. "Some drunk driver..."