32. The Rebel

Was it possible not to recognize faces when you're drunk? It doesn't even sound convincing. It's not like my features resembled to Samara. Her eye color, hair color, shape of face was different from me. Even our heights were different. I was few inches shorter than her. No matter the substantial amount of hate Ashar deserved from me, I still could not stop my heart to get sad at the realization that the sincerity, the desire I saw in Ashar's eyes that night was not for me.

He couldn't just call it a mere one-night stand. It was not a one-night stand for me. No one would believe on his excuse that he didn't mean to sleep with me. He meant to sleep with Samara.

Dude, what kind of sick joke was that?

I clutched the glass in my hand, standing at the bar. I was at the night party arranged by my classmate, Amelia. She wasn't my close buddy. She gave the invitation to all of the class, so I accepted it because I wanted a distraction. I thought my mind would blow up soon if I won't do anything about it. Mother's death had already traumatized me and now Ashar's unkind rejection.

This time I tried a different way to attend this party. I didn't tell anyone about it. I decided to become a rebel this time and run away from the house. All of the Hobsons family was a piece of shit for me so I didn't want to see anyone's face. Although that vexatious bodyguard saw me going out of the house, but I managed to escape and caught the subway at the right time and after that I didn't know whether he followed me or not. I thought I would stress about it later on.

I was sick of playing the good girl's role. They didn't even give me any credit for it instead gave me emotional abuse always. My phone was not with me. It was with the bodyguard so no one could contact me either. I knew Aaron would have already informed about my little adventure to Ashar or his father. They could come here or send their men to catch me and take me back to the mansion. Till then I had thought I would not think about them and surround myself with this distraction.

"Hey, why are you standing alone?" A redhead guy around my age approached me. He licked his uneven lips and plastered a flirtatious smile on them.

His shape of lips was similar to someone. I could never forget the feel of those lips on my skin. My keen urge to suck all the moisture from there. That night when they moved against my skin I was so....

Damn, Sanaya. You've decided you won't think about that unmanly being. The mental reminder snapped me back to reality. I noticed that guy was waiting for my response.

"Sometimes it's good to stand in silence and enjoy the music and all these colors." I pointed my finger in front for a moment towards the crowd.

Amelia didn't organize this party for any specific reason. She just wanted to gather her friends and acquaintances from college to give them a little break from the studies. People were invited from all over the college so I didn't know majority of the crowd.

"You're sounding like you have fought with your boyfriend." He said thoughtfully. I emptied my glass and put it back on the bar counter.

I rolled my eyes, "I don't have a boyfriend."

"Okay." He came forward and offered me his hand with a thin-lipped smile, "I'm David from NYU. What's your name?"

I shook my hand with his, "Sanaya from the same college."

"Nice name, Sanaya." He kissed the back of my hand. I laughed at his tactics. He was surely trying to flirt with me.

"Let me buy you some snacks." He offered, pushing the plate of chicken wings in my direction.

"Thanks, but I'm feeling nauseous right now." I scrunched up my nose and pushed the plate back to him.

It was happening to me since few days. The smell of food made me feel like throwing up. Maybe, it was because of the stress and anxiety. To avoid growling stomach, I was drinking excessive water. For satisfying my hunger, I was eating raw vegetables and cookies, but only in a small amount.