87

March 22nd 1985

Melissa's POV
I was on the road to recovery. It's only been a few months since I have been home and everything seems to be at normal speed at the moment except for the fact the Roger is finding out today if the Queen tour is continuing next month.

I was absolutely regretting staying home by myself with the kids alone. I needed him home with me but I couldn't tell him that. In a heartbeat, he would cancel the whole thing just to make sure I was happy.

Jared, Catherine And Alex were at school while I stayed at home with the twins watching them as they had there tummy time for the day and seeing them attempt to crawl.

Roger agreed to pick up the kids after he finished his meeting which the kids loved when he would pick them up because they would always get a treat on the way home.

And speaking of the devil I heard the door open and a bunch of bags dropping too the floor. I look up and saw my three kids holding a cup of ice cream each almost filled completely with chocolate "look at you lucky gooses, getting ice cream on a Monday. Come on give mummy a kiss before you go up" each of them gave me a kiss on the cheek before running away to have their free time.

"Look boys daddy's home!" Roger picked up Eddie from the floor and threw him up in the air making Eddie laugh. He then put Eddie down and took Eric from my lap and repeated the same thing.

"Hello Beautiful," He said before he could peck my lips "how are you feeling?"

Scared to find out about what you're going to say "Fine, doing fine" he smiled and gave me another kiss "so what's the news?" I ask as I get up from the floor to sit in the couch next to Roger.

"The tours continuing," he said looking at me knowing I would be upset "but it's only for a few months"

"Don't worry I understand. It's your job and I can't stop you from doing the thing you love and-"

"I wang you to come with me. Just you, we can leave the kids with my mum and we can have some time alone together, just like the old days," he grabbed onto both my hands and gave them a squeeze. I looked into his eyes and saw how serious he was about this proposition.

"Roger we can't leave the kids alone and plus I need to be here for the twins I've already missed a month in their life. But you know how much I would love too" there was a part of me that really wanted to go and spend some time with him and get a break from all these stresses but I felt bad if I did.

"Come on love. We're going back to Australia, Africa, Japan, Brazil! You need a break! I've talked to my mum and she and my sister are happy to look after them. It'll be fun I promise" I could tell how badly he wanted me there with him just by the way he looked "we never spend anytime together anymore... I miss you"

"I feel bad leaving them alone for long"

"Oh come on! We love them with my mum all the time and they never want to come back. Trust me on this love, you and I need some private time and some goddamn sleep" I let out a little laugh "and I'm sure the twins will be just fine"

I look at him in the eyes again and he was practically begging me to say yes. We sat there for a moment as I thought about it long and hard "Alright, I'll do it"

Roger smiled and grabbed my face pulling me into a kiss "thank you, Lord Jesus!" Roger screamed looking up towards the roof "were finally going to have alone time. No babies crying, no children interrupting, no housework," he said with a smug face while his hand travelled along my inner thigh which I had to stop as we had to babies sitting in front of us.

"When do we leave and where are we going?"

"Brazil is the first stop and in two days" I was about to scream at the top of my lungs when he said two days.

"Oh, mother of strawberries! I have to pack and so do you!" I quickly stood up from the couch and began to run towards the stairs "look after the twins and come up with something to tell the kids. Jesus, I can't believe two bloody days!"  As I quickly run up the stairs I could hear Roger laugh and begin talking to the boys.

"You hear that boys, daddy's gonna have some good-"

"ROGER DON'T YOU DARE SAY THAT THREE LETTER WORD IN FRONT OF THE TWINS!" I yell leaning over the railing giving Roger a start.

"Sorry!" He yelled back and then snickered.

I cannot believe I had agreed to leave the kids alone for at least 3 months but he was right we both do need a break and some alone time together even though we might be bombarded with paparazzi and crazy fans. I think this would be a good way for me to get back onto my feet again and have some fun.