93

April 2nd 1985
Warnings: slight smut
Melissa's POV

"Right so you have you tv interview at 12 and they want you at the studio before 11:37," Crystal said as I walk out of the bedroom attempting to put on an earring.

While Roger was talking with Crystal I had a good look at him. He had in a black and white checkered shirt with his sleeves rolled up and few buttons undone revealing a white undershirt, along with a green blazer. He also had on black jeans and comes Nike shoes. Not gonna lie but I miss the days of the sparkly shoes.

I saw Roger do a double-take when he looked at me. It's been a while since I've dressed up all nicely. (Hi author here 😝 the picture below is how I imagine Mel looking like I'm 1985. Especially the hair just not as big🤷🏻‍♀️☺️)

​"What?" I questioned him as he stares me down to death

"What?" I questioned him as he stares me down to death.

"You're- your hair! What did you do to it!? You look like Brian!" He exclaimed.

"Keeping up with the trends- what? Don't you like it?" I asked running my fingers through it "and excuse you my hair is not nearly as big as Brian's!"

"No, no I love it! But I'll need to get used to it that's all"

"Sorry Crystal for interrupting. Did you say 11:37? Why so specific? Geez" I bend over to pick up shoes and then walk over to the couch to sit next to Roger so that I could my shoes on.

"People can request weird things, Melissa, " Crystal said making me roll my eyes.

" I told you so many times! Call me Mel!"

"Alright, Mel. Also, Roger, you and the boys have an interview in the same place right after you and Mel, " Crystal said making me chuckle.

"Wonderful, " Roger said as he lit up a cigarette for Crystal and then himself.

"I'm so nervous. It's not live is it?" I ask and then crossed my legs.

"it's not live but it will be on tv soon, " Crystal replied.

"Don't worry Princess" Roger kissed my temple "you'll be fine and I will be next too you, to show the world whose has the best marriage in the world"

I was about to reply but there was a car honking outside the door meaning that we had to leave now.
***
"Look at me, Mel. Calm down," Roger said grabbing onto my shoulders "you have nothing to worry about! It's easy, just smile, talk, make a joke now and then"

"Easy for you to say! You've done these millions of times- Roger what happens if I say something wrong?"

"It's not live. They can cut it out. Seriously Love stop panicking" he said softly "it's only going to be aired once and then no one else will see it"

"Unless someone records it- and who knows Rog maybe in the future they will be away for any of your fans to view this interview and then get jealous that you're with me and-"