Chapter 3: On the Adventure

Rhea's name was supposed to be spelled with an H. But I'm too lazy to go back and change the first two chapters of her name. Because I'm heckin dumb for not realizing I've been misspelling it wrong this entire time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When Rhea headed back to Bilbo, he was sitting on his bead, resting his head on the wooden pole next to it, pondering over his talk with Gandalf. She frowned at his furrowed brows and concentrated look, he seemed to have been troubled greatly. She went over and sat next to him, he didn't look over at her, but she put a hand on his shoulder. After a moment he took one of his hands and put it over hers laying on it.

She knew this was a big decision for him to make, even though he declined, she could tell it was something pulling on him. It was a longing for the adventure he used to love back as a small boy. They used to run around with him as pups when he found them at a later age, getting dirty and rolling in the grass. He would pretend they were trolls and he had to fight them off with his wooden sword he made with some stick. They loved seeing him laugh at the prospect of fighting evil and danger. But when you grow up, it seemed those things just faded away as if they'll never happen. Now it can, and Bilbo was more afraid than he was excited, which he had every right to be. The Lonely Mountain is much farther than their hunting grounds.

"You think I made the right choice?" Bilbo whispered, looking at the dwarves gathering in the room with the fireplace. Smoke pipes in hand. She followed his gaze.

Then she squeezed his shoulder a little, "I can't say Bilbo, but what I do know is that fear can block out what you truly want from anything. Just because you're afraid, doesn't mean it's wrong."

Bilbo turned to look into her hazel eyes, their bright colors of green, mixed with yellow tint in the middle were mesmerizing. Her words echoing into his mind and pulling on old heartstrings of adventure he thought was long gone.

"I am very afraid, I don't want to leave home." He looked back at the dwarves. Rhea watched them too, nodding in understanding. The dwarves gave off an air of adventure and wilderness, that even she could feel vibrating through her blood. Her wolf instincts itching at the thought of wandering the wilds and coming out of this sheltered space. She of course loved it here, but her wolf inside of her was howling at the moon.

Ash and Dakota walked in just a few seconds later, sitting against the bed on the floor. They all sat there, gazing at the company of dwarves, each one of them embracing their own thoughts of this quest. They all knew how intriguing it was for them, and how honorable it was of them to take on such a journey to reclaim their homeland. They had been through so much together already, and now they follow their King to the other end of Middle-Earth to fight for what is rightfully theirs.

The dwarves started humming, bringing an air of seriousness into the entire room. Their faces somber as they gazed into the fire. Thorin leaned over and started to sing, his deep melodic voice sending shivers down Rhea's spine. When she listened to the words, she was in awe. It was about their homeland and how it got destroyed by the dragon.

Far over the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
We must away ere break of day
To find our long-forgotten gold

The pines were roaring on the height
The winds were moaning in the night
The fire was red, it flaming spread
The trees like torches blazed with light

They all fell asleep in Bilbo's room.

Ash and Dakota were on the floor, while Rhea took the end of the bed, laying flat on her stomach and an arm hanging over the edge. Bilbo was curled up on about three pillows, giving soft breathing noises.

When he woke up and stretched, it took him a few good moments to realize that it was quiet. Way too quiet...

His eyes widened further and he jumped up, causing Rhea to startle and flip over the end of the bed. Landing on Dakota who huffed and shot forward. "Ow! What the heck?"