One- Shadows of the Past

Zakaida smiled as her six year old daughter watched the video of All Might's debut for the first time, her sapphire eyes shining in delight. In the video as well was a younger Siren, who was healing as many people as possible with the notes she sang. The little girl's black and dark teal ombrè hair slightly covered her face, down to her shoulders in length. Zakaida gently tucked her daughter's hair behind her ear before the little girl beamed up at her mother, her eyes shining in admiration. "Mama, when I grow up, I'm gonna be a hero just like you!" She excitedly exclaimed.

Zakaida softly chuckled. "You want to be a hero badly, don't you?" She asked. 6-year-old Narako nodded excitedly, giggling. Zakaida smiled as she lifted her daughter into her arms. "Then I'll be here to support you every step of the way, but I need you to remember one thing, Narako..."

But before Zakaida could finish, the lights suddenly shut off. Zakaida protectively held Narako in her arms, pressing her little one to her heart. She had a bad feeling that she already knew what was about to happen, but why here? Why where her daughter would be in danger? "What's going on, Mama?" Her daughter whimpered, fear making her heart slam against her chest. Zakaida didn't answer. The sound of thudding footsteps came from outside their door, stalking up the porch steps. The sound forced Zakaida into action, hiding her daughter in the closet.

"Stay hidden until one of the pro heroes or I come get you, do you understand me?" Zakaida asked her daughter. Narako's sapphire eyes showed her fear as she looked up at her mother.

"Mommy, I'm scared." Narako whimpered, her bottom lip trembling. Zakaida hugged her daughter tightly, feeling tears threatening to spill over.

"I know, honey, but please be brave for me. I love you very much." Zakaida gently cupped her daughter's cheek before closing the closet door just as the front door burst open. Zakaida stood at the ready with a sword in hand as a pair of maniacal blood red eyes searched the room before landing on her. "Hero Killer Stain." She snarled, a venomous tone in her voice that put an already frightened Narako on edge.

Zakaida had already lost 6 comrades to the Hero Killer, and 10 of them had been crippled to the point of beyond recovery already. Stain smirked, a growl leaving his lips as he began to speak. "Siren." The name was hissed out. "You got in my way last time I tried to kill Aragami, an unworthy hero... Now, it's your turn to die for the choice you made." He growled.

"Not without a fight." Zakaida replied before the two exchanged attacks. Little Narako watched from the keyhole of the closet as her mother fought the hero killer, Narako shaking at the sight of the man. What caught her little eye most was his blood red eyes that had an insane look to them, a fanatical determination to fulfill his mission....

After a while, Stain's sword was knocked out of his hand, but before Zakaida could finish the Hero Killer off, Stain drew his knife and cut the woman across the stomach. Zakaida collapsed with a cry of pain just as Stain licked the blood off his blade, paralyzing her.

"No!" Zakaida struggled before gathering her strength and using her special move, Siren's Cry, to try to deafen the Hero Killer. However, a kick to her stomach with his boots cut her voice off, Stain having recovered his sword and pointing it at her heart.

"You were a worthy hero, Siren... It's a shame I have to cut you down..." Stain growled as he raised his sword. But just as he was about to send the blade through Zakaida, Narako burst from the closet with a cry in anger, shadow tendrils propelling her forward, a glare on her small face.

"Leave my Mommy alone!" She screamed out. In a quick movement, just before Zakaida could warn her daughter or Narako could land an attack, Stain swung his knife upward, the knife causing a gash across the child's eye. Narako cried out in pain and covering her right eye as it began to bleed, being thrown back from the force of the strike and landing a few feet away from her mother.