58. corny?

(Friday August 25th)

I paced around the kitchen trying to get things ready for the dinner Chris and I had decided to throw. We wanted to officially tell all the guys about us and about the baby. It only seemed right. But we wanted it to be chill as any other Hangout. Chris walked in from the porch holding the tongs in his hand and clapped them together after be closed the sliding glass door.

"Things going good in here?"

He asked as I stirred sugar into the pot of boiling water.

"So far so good."

I said, dropping the cobs of corn into the pot and putting a lid on it. I turned around to meet him as he leaned down to kiss me. When he pulled away I laughed.

"You taste like barbeque sauce."

He smiled and shrugged.

"Gotta make sure it tastes good right?"

I shook my head at him and went to the sink to wash my hands.

"Whatever."

---

I hugged Ricky as he stepped through the door, letting go of Jaime's hand. When he let go of me I hugged her too.

"It's so good to finally meet you."

I said. We had only ever seen pictures of each other and I'd heard so much about her from Ricky and Shane while we were on tour.

"Likewise."

I led them into the kitchen where most of the guys and their so's were already sitting and chatting, a few of them chilling on the deck with Chris.

"Make yourselves at home, as soon as Vinny gets here we're gonna eat."

Then there was a knock at the door.

"Speak of the devil."

I walked quickly to the front door, pulling my jacket back onto my shoulder. I swung the door open and was met with Vinny smiling widely at me.

"Hey stranger."

He said.

"Hey yourself."

I pulled him into a tight hug. When I pulled away i grabbed his hand and drug him into the house.

"C'mon, we're ready to eat."

He laughed at me.

"Guess some things never change."

---

When everyone was done eating and everything was cleaned up we all sat outside and played games with each other. It was fun to watch as AJ and Ryan trash talked each other over corn hole, their team mates shaking their heads. I sat at the patio table and sipped my water, watching Justin and shae play ladder golf against Ricky and Jaime. I turned my head when vin came to sit by me.

"Don't wanna join in on the fun?"

He asked jokingly. I smiled at him.

"Just nervous I guess."

I took another drink, avoiding his gaze.

"About what?"

I shrugged taking another drink, then it hit me. I sniffled first then the tears started streaming down my face. I stood up quickly and paced to the sliding glass door, Vinny was quick to follow me. When I pushed the door open Chris was already standing there, trying to catch up with balz, who I'd only just met. He looked at me worried but didn't say anything as I hugged him tightly and buried my face into his chest.

"What happened?"

"I don't know she said she was nervous about something and then just started crying."

I sobbed against Chris and clung to his shirt tightly. I could feel him move, probably nodding his head.

"It's okay vin, I got this, why don't you go back outside with everyone else."

I heard the door close.

"Wow, what a dad thing to say."

Josh joked. I looked up at Chris who was staring at him. I breathed deeply and sniffled, bringing his attention back to me. He ran his thumb over my cheek to rid it of the tears.

"Overwhelmed?"

I nodded and pushed my face back into his chest. He just hugged me back and rubbed my back.

"It's okay. We can wait."

He kissed the top of my head but I shook it no. I looked back up at him.

"No, I wanna do it tonight, everyone is here."

He nodded in agreement.

"Whenever you wanna do it."

I breathed deeply and loosened my grip on him.

"Yeah, later."

I let go of him and wiped my face off. Then I turned and went back outside to join Vinny at the table, he was bouncing his leg quickly.

"Sorry bout that, damn kid is killing me."

He let out a small laugh, almost testing the waters.

"I'm sure it'll be worth it."

"What'll be worth it?"

Aj asked as he walked up the stairs behind us.

"Uh, nothing. Just been real busy lately."

He nodded at my response and sat opposite us, holding a beer in his hand. Ryan was right behind him.

"I can't believe you beat me, asshole."

I laughed and shook my head as he sat next to Vinny.

"Was it fun though?"

I asked and he just shook his head in disbelief.

"Of course I just can't believe we lost."

I looked up at Logan and Tori as they say at the table.

"It was a good game guys."

She nudged Logan who was on Ryan's team.

"Whatever."