26 - Ding!

Make sure to vote and comment please! Don't be a silent reader!

It was nighttime. The day went by in the blink of an eye. And one might say at 12:00 am on a week night the town might be sleep but here, everyone was wide awake. Pacing, nervous, frazzled. It was starting to get to me. Everyone way gathered outside near the border, waiting for the Alpha to arrive. So was I.

Chatter filled the air as I stood on my toes, looking for him, Cam, hell even Mr. Francoure but they where no where to be seen.

After a few minutes, his voice called out.

"Silence!" Luciano boomed, and a sickening silence feel over the pack.

"Tonight, we will avenge someone we all lost. We will claim another pack. We are going to war. And most importantly, we will receive the Luna of the IndigoStone. My mates and your Luna's mother." He spoke and everyone look at me with sympathy.

So this is what he's been talking about.

"Say your goodbyes. We leave now." He says and everyone hurriedly bids their loved ones goodbye. Mr. Francoure is even here with his whole pack of soldier wolves as well. My heart starts beating fast as I make my way to Luciano.

He see's me coming and pulls me into a hug.

"I'm scared." I whisper, hugging his chest tightly.

"I know babygirl. It'll all be over soon. But I need you to do one thing for me." He says and sadness washes over his face.

"What?" I ask with concern in my voice.

"I need you to stay. Cameron will watch-"

"What!? Why would I do that? I'm supposed to be the Luna, going into battle with my Alpha so what kind of Luna would I be? You said so yourself!" I let go of him, furrowing my eyebrows.

"I-I know princess. I would never forgive myself If something happened to you. And one day you will. Not this day." He shakes his head, kissing my forehead.

"I love you no matter what. Let's go pack! It's time!" He shouts and all the men howl into the night even the female warriors and his sister, crossing land territory and racing off into the forest.

I watch, with sadness and anger building up inside me. Oh helll no.

I find Grace and Elise in the crowd, ensuring that they didn't go with them.

"I love you both, no matter what." I whisper in a mindlink to them and their eyes hold terror, frantically searching for me.

Taking a deep breath, I charge past the border line. No way in hell am I not going with him. Ride or die. I follow there scent and stalk close behind. Luciano smells the air and I freeze. He probably can smell me. I drop to the floor and roll in the mud, covering my scent.