Chapter 2

-Edited-

(Lindsey's Pov)

Naturally, I was late to History class which Strickler gave me an ear full but I didn't listen because I honestly didn't care. What I cared about were all the stares I was getting from the class.

'Haven't they seen anyone getting a scolding before god' i grumbled in my head. I scanned the class glaring at them but stopped at two particular people sitting together near the windows.

The three of us stared at each other for a bit with me staring at them shocked and confused and scared.

It wasn't until Mr. Strickler let me go that I snapped out of it and walked to my seat which was in the corner of the room. I dumped my stuff on the table and watched the two nerds like a hungry hawk.

Mr. Strickler started to go onto one of his speeches but I just ignored him and focused on my two targets. Luckily the two didn't seem to notice me staring at them but little Eli who sat beside me was giving me weirded outlooks.

I snapped my head over to him and glared harshly until he turned away from me.

Throughout the class I noticed the tall nerd staring at a chick at the front who had a blue streak through her hair. He had his head on his palm and was looking at her like a lovesick puppy which made me roll my eyes.

'Boys'  i groaned in my head rolling my eyes

I was so happy that I only had to deal with stupid teenage boys for a couple of hours a day because at troll market the trolls there were all my type of people, they were rough, tough, bold and in your face while the boy's here were all self-centred,boring, soft and didn't even know how to dodge an attack.

I noticed the small one was looking onto a website where you can buy stuff from people. I lent further into my desk trying to looking over the people in front of my shoulder.

I saw that he was looking up stuff trying to figure out the troll-hunter amulet and all that came up was a talking plushie amulet.

 'Psh if only the damn thing was just a dumb plushie, then I wouldn't be wasting my day stalking these two' i grumbled in my head, already tired from all this even though it's only first period.

"Jim, would you agree?" Mr. Strickler's voice caught my attention.

Looking up I saw the old sad sack standing next to the tall boy's desk looking disappointed.

'Ahh so that's his name, suites him' i said in approval letting it roll around my head while looking at his face.

"Sir?" Jim asked shocked about being called out.

"With Herodut's opinion on his tactics of war, as I've described" Mr. Strickler stood expectantly waiting for the teen's response.

"Uh uh- absolutely!" Jim agreed not knowing what the hell he was agreeing to.

"Excellent. Which tactics, specifically?" I could see it on the old man's face how badly he wanted to smirk seeing as he got Jim in a tight spot.

"The, uh... winning ones?" Everyone in the class laughed at Jim's answer, hell even I gave a little chuckle.

Mr. Strickler gave Jim a disappointed look before turning to the back of the class and turning to look at me 'Oh no' 

"What about you misses Frey? got a better answer than Jim over here?" Mr. Strickler pointed to an embarrassed Jim.

Everyone in the class went quiet and turned in their seats to look at me and to hear my answer.

Intimidated at first by everyone stares I snapped into my cool mindset and lent back into my chair with my arm leaning over the back of it.

"Nope sorry sir, I don't know" Mr strickler also gave me a disappointed look and went to scold me but the bell interrupted him.

 I packed my stuff up real quick so I could get my stuff away and then catch up with the nerds.

*Time skip*

It was after lunch and I had Pe and guess who with..... yep, the two nerds.

Instead of following them around like a freak and gaining attention at lunch, I decided to give it a break as nothing was happening and had my lunch in my usual spot on the roof.

I had a good time by myself but I had to make it up so here I am again watching the small one try to climb the rope and Jim encouraging him.

But this gave me good information, nothing about their interest in the amulet but I learned the small one's name, Toby.

Toby fell off the rope he was clinging onto like a baby instead of climbing it so dramatically that it made me giggle.

I noticed some people turn around to stare at me, shocked that the freak of the school had emotions besides anger. I shot them all a glare which made their heads snap back around.

Looking back at my targets and noticed that the gym teacher was giving hell to Toby while Jim was walking over to his crush.

I already knew that it was going to be a train wreck and I was right because as soon as the conversation started he embarrassed himself and she just handed him something.

'But hey at least he gave it a shot'

"Misses Frey!" The gym teacher screamed from where the ropes where.

'Damn what's with me and the teachers today?' i wondered.

"Yeah, coach!" I yelled back as I was on the bleaches far away from him.

"Your turn, now stop yelling and get your butt up here!" He screamed.

'But you're the only one yelling'

I followed his orders and walked over. Coach stood next to the mat of my rope with his arms crossed and watched me.

Glancing over next to us I noticed that Jim was helping Toby up and was watching me and we made eye contact.

So what does a normal spy do in this situation? Well, show off.

I winked at Jim before jumping onto the rope and climbing up it real fast.

'Those torture lessons with Draal helped me today, but I ain't telling him that'

Hitting the Bell, I gracefully fell down the rope and did a little bow causing some people to laugh.

"Done coach" Coach stood there with wide eyes and a gaping mouth, he composed himself and shooed me away.

When walking past Jim and Toby, I noticed they were both staring at me so I gave them another wink and went to the changing rooms.