20. T H E B R E A T H W E T A K E

C H A C E'S   P

C H A C E'S   P.O.V

"How are you feeling today Chace?" Dr. Aggarwal says, adjusting his round framed glasses as he reads over the notes he has made about me.

I'm in the middle of my one-to-one therapy session, sitting in my room on a chair.

"I'm fine," I reply and press the medicine ball on my palms over and over again, straining my wrists due to the excessive pressure applied.

Dr Aggarwal is my therapist, but he prefers to be called Vihaan since he finds it awkward when people call him by his last name. He is young to be forty nine, with thick black hair and minimal wrinkles around his eyes.

Jotting down some notes, he looks up at me.
"I understand it is difficult to talk about what we truly feel, especially when we have so much animosity and fear going on inside, but you might find it beneficial if you try talking about it."

I drop the ball to the ground, folding my arms and lean back in the seat, spreading my legs a little wider and relaxingly outstretch my right leg in front of me. I don't want to be here. The bravest thing I ever did was to call asking for help, without feeling ashamed.

I wanted help to get rid of the poison I have accumulated in so many years, I want to be free. I don't know why I think I'm being ridiculed and subjugated when I try to reveal the truth about myself.

"You won't understand," I mutter. "It's fucking ridiculous."

Vihaan leans forward with curiosity

"What's ridiculous?"

I don't know if I should be specific.

"Love," I shrug. His eyebrows dip beneath his glasses.

"Why do you think it is ridiculous, Chace?"

He probably won't understand if I tell him, which might be an escape for me to elaborately explain why it sucks.

"The way it makes you question."