|17|

Ashely Gilbert Brewster

I got out of bed before going to shower. After I was done with my shower I went to go make a smoothie. Once I made my smoothie I put on my robe and went outside to look at how beautiful the island was in the day time.

I took in the scenery before I went back inside. I changed into some actual clothes while David was in the shower.

"Baby, I'm gonna be right back," I said to him in the bathroom.

"Where you goin?" He asked opening the shower door to pop his head out and look at me.

"I just want to look at the beach in daylight," I said before he licked his lips.

"Aii, I'll make breakfast," he said before I left.

I roamed around until I found the other end of the beach. I looked at the water and ran my fingers through it. I smiled to myself before looking up. There was a small bar on the beach so I walked towards it.

"Hi, how can I help you?" A familiar voice asked.

I turned around with my eyebrows knitted together. I looked at him and I could feel that he was familiar. I knew that I knew him but I didn't know how.

"Uh... no I'm okay," I said before walking away.

I was half way back when I was pulled from behind with a hand covering my mouth. I kicked and tried to pry their hands off of me. My screams were muffled until I bit their hand.

I looked back to see it was the man from the bar. I ran as fast as I could all the way back to the house before slamming the door shut and locking it. I closed all the blinds and locked all the windows and doors.

"Baby? What's wrong? What you doin?" David asked looking at me like I was crazy.

"There was a man out there a-and I knew I knew him from somewhere. I-I knew it and-" I couldn't catch a hold of my breathing so I began to cry out of frustration and fear.

"What is it?" He asked stepping closer to me.

"It was him. I know I said I couldn't remember what he looked like but as soon as I heard his voice, when he touched me... it's him," I said as Dave pulled me in for a hug.

"Can we just leave please?" I asked.

"No. If he followed us here then he can follow us back," he said.

"Please-"

"Baby, I will do whatever I can to make you safe and as long as he's out there it won't matter where we go. Nigga had enough damn balls to come fa you, to follow us here then Aii. We'll see what the mothafucka really made of," he said as he pulled his gun out and checked to see if it was loaded.