Chapter 22: A Well Deserved Break

It's been a week ever since The Day Of Darkness was prevented and The Prophecy was fulfilled. Things were good again, The Dark World was now peacefully ruled, the storm was gone, and The Light World was as peaceful as ever.

It may not have been a fantasized happily ever after for Kris and Ralsei, but it was great either way.

"Hey, Ral? You ready?" Kris asked as he knocked on the door of him and Asriel's room. He was wearing a red hoodie today instead of his usual green shirt with yellow stripes.

"I'm almost ready!" Ralsei called out as he found his hat and set it neatly on his head, tying something around it. He came out with a smile. "I'm ready now!"

Kris smiled at him, he looked adorable with the white ribbon tied around his hat, he remembered the first time he gave it to him in The Dark World, and didn't regret doing it at all. "I see you kept that ribbon I gave you back in your world?"

"Of course I did! You gave it to me!" Ralsei giggled.

Kris laughed. "That I did."

Ralsei smiled and then followed Kris outside and they began walking. "So, where are we going?"

"A special place."

"That's it?" Ralsei asked.

Kris nodded. "Unlike you, I'm good with surprises, not even your cuteness will make me reveal it."

"Oh, hush!" Ralsei laughed as he playfully punched his arm, although it barely hurt.

Kris pretended to be struck down for a second before laughing. "I'm sorry, I couldn't keep that up." He laughed again.

Ralsei rolled his eyes, but his smile stayed.

Eventually, they made it to the woods and Kris began walking in, while Ralsei was a little more nervous. "Are you sure it's there?"

"Positive, I've come here ever since I was 5 years old." Kris said as he offered out a hand.

Ralsei took it, being able to trust Kris and with a small pull, they began walking through the forest and then they made it to an area that must've been hidden from the town...

It had a small wooden bench, some trees, and had some of the lake surrounding the land. It was a perfect spot to be at night if someone wanted to view the stars.

"Whoa, what is this place?" Ralsei asked, looking around.

Kris smiled. "Eh, it's nothing much. Just a special spot I come to relax at."

"I can see why you do. It's so...peaceful." Ralsei said as he sat down on the bench, Kris sitting down with him.

"Me and Azzy used to come here all the time, we played hide and seek, tag, etc. But, probably the best time is when we wanted to go sledding, but it was in the middle of the summer and winter was long gone, so we took our wagon and I used that as a sled, and then we crashed into here."

Ralsei giggled. "You did that?" He asked, smiling.

"Yup. Dad almost busted a gut when he saw us come home while Mom, being a Mom, commanded us to get clean." Kris laughed.

Ralsei laughed. "That is exactly why I don't get dirty."

"Oh, come on. It's fun!" Kris said.

Ralsei shook his head, still smiling. "Well, even if I did, my kingdom was always so busy, so I was usually in the castle, but even that wasn't as relaxing as it sounds."

"That's why I brought us here. To relax a bit." Kris said, putting his arm around him.

Ralsei smiled and laid his head on Kris' shoulder. "That sounds nice..."

"It does, doesn't it?" Kris said, pecking his forehead.

Ralsei giggled. "Thank you, Kris."

"Hmm? For what?"

"For being you." Ralsei said, knowing his line was a bit corny.

Kris smiled, not minding his slightly corny line. "Anytime."