Chapter 4

Evie's car--^

Evie's P.O.V

Ever hear someone's voice that makes your toes curl without even seeing the person? Yeah, well that's what I'm feeling right now.

I turn around to find the voice and am instantly met with the moithxwatering scent of chocolate and pine. Weird combination but it smells sooo good.

That's our mates smell!

I look to see a man around 6'2" or 6'3" a few feet away from me, talking to a curvy brunette. I surpress a growl.

I've never really liked tall guys, always prefured to be around the same height as them. But damnn, was he cute.

I'm gonna rip that plastic bimbos hair and shove it up her plastic a-

I cut her out just as soon as the guy turns to me. Our eyes lock and his instantly brighten. Mine probably do to.

Mate! Mate!

Not a moment later am I standing face-to-chest with my mate. I have to take a step back due to his tall frame.

He has brown hair, and green eyes that I could stare into all day. I couldn't see the rest of the top half of his face, due to his black mask but I'm sure it's just as irresistible.

He smiles down at me.

"May I have this dance?" He asks in a fake accent. I giggle.

"You may" I tell him in the same, clearly fake accent. It's his turn to chuckle.

I place my hand in his as I watch the brunette he was talking to earlier glare at me. Take that bitch.

As we get to the ballroom floor, I place my hands on his shoulders loving the sparks they cause, and let his scent surround me.

He places his hands on my waist, and even more shocks run through me, making me shudder. I look into his eyes to find him already looking at me with a smirk on his face.

"I never thought I'd find you." He says sofly, looking straight into my soul.

"Really?" Why would he think that? He doesn't look much older than me.

He nods and continues to talk.

"You look ravishing. My wolf wants me to mark you right here so you don't try to escape." He whispers in my ear huskily. Allowing another shudder to run through me.

A blush starts to slowly creep up my neck, unwillingly obviously.

"Well, since I already found you, I might as well take this off-" He says, pulling his plastic mask over his head. I freeze. It's him. My mate is alpha Braxton. The prince.

My eyes widen, and I start to hyperventilate. This can't be happening. As soon as I start to accept that I'm going to find my mate, he turns out to be a prince. How?

I start to back away from him, and see the hurt written all over his face.

"Whe-" I don't let him finish before bolting as fast as the crowd and my heels allow me.

As soon as I get to the doors, I run straight to the woods and shift into my almost white wolf. I let out a lone howel.

The only thing I hear as I start to run is my wolf yelling at me to go back, and his voice. Telling me to stop.

~~~~~

I run faster than any car, ot any train can go. Meaning that I was only at the ball for a little over 2p minutes, my mom won't be here to ask me questions. Good.

I make it back to the house in around 10 minutes, because like I said, I'm fast.

Opening the door with my key, I rush inside and lock the door behind me. Slowly, I creep up the stairs to my room and slide the dress off my body, because shifti g magically doesn't rip our clothes.

I put the jewlery on my vanity, the dress in my closet, the shoes on the floor, and wash the makeup of of my face. It doesn't take to long.

What do I do? I can't be mated to a prince, surely there must be a misake. I'm not fit to be queen, he has to find somebody else. Yes, thats it! I'll leave and he'll be able to find someone worthy of his love, and the position as queen. Even if it hurts me.

I was just starting to like the idea of a mate, with the whole ball, the way he was looking at me, the way I was looking at him.... To be honest, I loved it. I loved every second of it. Too bad he couldn't of been of lower rank, then I would have been worthy of him.

That shouldn't even matter! Milini snaps. But it does matter, I'm not fit ti rule the whole werewolf population. That's a job someone with self confidence has to have, not someone who thinks she looks like a 13 year old girl when in reality im 19. Not at least I know what he meant by having to wait for his mate so long, he's 23 and we are supposed to meet our mates at 18. When we have our first shift.

I calm my mind and grab my suitcase and some paper. Meaning that I'll have to leave my phone here so they don't track it, I can't call them or send them any texts. I'll have to right each of them a note. Including him.

As I think of things to right, I pack my suitcase with things I might need. Some clothes, toothbrush, hair brush, feminine products. Yes, even us she-wolves have periods. And it sucks way more. Iy only stops after our heat, so I won't have to deal with it much longer.

After finishing packing and writing the notes, I put them in envelopes and set them on the table, to mom, Colten, and mate.

I grab a cropped sweatshirt, a jacket, and my car keys, then I go outside to my car. I don't know what type it is, all I know is that it drives really well, and its charcoal grey.

I throw my suitcase it the back, and set my purse in the passengers side after climbing in.

I'm sorry Mils, but I have to do this.

Then I drive.

~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed!

Love you guys 💘

(If there are typos, or errors, let me know so I can fix them!)