sad girl

───✰ ───

───✰ ───

【edited】

【3rd pov】

"That'll be 14.69"

the cashier stated in a tired tone, he looked outside seeing the water patter down the sides of the store. 'i just want to go home already.' what he most likely thought. his patience was growing thin as he watched the, visually, younger girl make no movements. her unblinking eyes watching the screen of her phone for something, anything."miss, hello? miss?" the young woman had finally snapped out of her stupor. "huh? oh yeah here." she replied as she put away her phone and opened her worn brown wallet.

as she took her groceries and change a small ding! had come from her phone. she quickly took out her phone again only to be met with a notification for a game. she hurriedly took all of her items, put the change in her pockets and left the 24 hour mart hearing a small and tired, "have a good rest of your night." before hearing a chime! notifying the door closed.

the girl went into a alleyway shielded by the dark and quickly squatted as she, once again, pulled out her phone and stared at the screen with unblinking eyes. said girl's eyes started to water as she stared at the small message the screen displayed.

no new messages

her fingers starting to ache as she quickly went through her contacts and selected a name father looking through the messages between her and her father she noticed his most recent one

tuesday, march 5, 2019
6:37 pm
[father] sorry , i'm busy. i will not be able to attend our weekly meetup. i will try to show up next week. 

she briefly looked through some older messages as she noticed the messages he would send her become scarcer and colder. she turned her phone off and on again to check the date.

friday, march 22, 2019

2:30 am

she began to lowly mutter to herself, "I should get home soon, he might have visited me." her thoughts quickly taking a dark turn. 'why would he visit me? it's not like he cares, he's the one who left me.' she tried to replace her negative thoughts with positive ones but to no avail. the screen collecting small drops of water, her tears mixing with the rain as she looked up.

she began to slowly stand once more as she brought her hood up, put her earbuds in, and picked up her groceries. her feet bringing her out of the alleyway and in the direction of her home. soft words coming out of her earbuds as she walked in the rain. humming coming from her mouth and the small jingle coming from the change in her pockets as she walked she noticed a man sitting by building with a ledge barely protecting him from the rain. she took out the spare change and put it in the cup beside him and went on her way again. as she walked away she started to notice the tears trailing down her face. she let out a barely audible chuckle as she thought 'ah yes, tears, how it fits this sad girl.'

||
《a/n》
hi! welcome to my first story! as you know there is lowercase letters where uppercase should be but you should know that this is intentional! --- this story has/is currently being rewritten, so far not much has changed but more might in the future. ---

january 26, 2019