CHAPTER SIX-"Bar Night"

Mid-January

"A small jack and coke coming right up," Allison says as she's tossing and slinging glasses and bottles around. Today has been one of the busiest nights that, Freddy's has had in a long time. Every part of her aches and she feels as if she could sleep for hours if not.... days. She was looking forward to the massive tips to be made tonight but she really looked forward to a nice hot bath. "Here is your jack and coke sir" she wipes the trickling sweat away from her head with the back of her arm. "Do me a favor and hand me the vodka from over your head? "Ginger asks looking nearly as worn out as Allison. "Sure, thing" she reaches for the bottle of vodka and passes it to the redhead. "It seems to be slowing down a bit, thank God it's almost over," Ginger says, her southern accent coming out thicker than usual.

"Glad for that, a shower is calling my name." "Good, because you stink Allie" they both laugh. After serving a few more people things calm down and they finally have a slow moment. "So, did you ever see that Puerto Rican cutie again?" she asks Allison while wiping down the bar countertop. "Nope, not since he left while I was sleeping, it was kind of weird but I actually liked him."

"Well, you know Nick still has a thang for ya," Ginger says wiggling her eyebrows.

Before she could answer back Freddy and Soya walk up to the bar. "Are you ladies hanging in there?" Freddy asks while scratching his white and grey whiskers. "I don't know about you guys but I'm wrecked" Soya added, her long shiny Indian hair sticking to her face from sweat. The blonde waitress, Lacey came up standing next to Soya. "45 more minutes and we are out of here!"She yells.

Almost as soon as she says that the bell rings making them painfully aware that a new customer just walked in. "Well damn, I wouldn't mind serving up a piece of me to those hotties," Lacey says, eyes following two guys walking in. Allison follows Lacey's gaze where she spots two very tall, very handsome Latino men. Her heart starts thumping so loudly that she wonders if anyone else hears it. " Oh my God, oh my God... it's him." She whispers to her redheaded friend. "Seriously?" Ginger asks, taking a quick peek at the guys. "Which one?" "The shorter one..oh no he's coming this way. How do I look?" She says quickly trying to adjust herself.

She turns to hide her face. Her heart is beating wildly in her chest. It was unlike her to be nervous about a guy.

"Excuse me, can we get a few beers over here?" Ricardo's deep voice murmurs from in front of the bar. Ginger gestures to the two men with a smile. Allie takes a deep breath to compose herself. She finally straightens her face and turns to the two very handsome men. A look of surprise and recognition immediately hits his face. "It-its you!"He exclaims. " Oh, so this is your hermosa chica morena? Nice one bro!" Ricardo replies with a cheeky grin. "What did he call me?" Allison asks, trying to make sure that he didn't just insult her. Tommy chuckles a bit before answering "he called you my beautiful brown girl. I think I prefer to get your actual name this time." She hesitates for a minute and finally replies "It's Allison." Nick saunters over to the bar, unwelcomely chiming in on the conversation. "Her friends call her Allie, I'm Nick by the way."Ricardo nods and says "So, I take it that your one of friends, Nick?" Nick shrugs nonchalantly "more or less ...and your name is?" "I'm Ricardo and this is my little brother Tommy." Allison looks back and forth between the three men. She clears her throat in an attempt to ease the bit of tension. "Nick, can you go do your job so that I can do mine please?" The huge pale brunette takes the hint and removes himself from the bar, giving the other two men one last glare before walking away.