001

____________________
Chapter 1!
The First Meeting
____________________

Not every first meeting is pleasant, especially when two complete opposites meet. When Corey Harrington and Max Mayfield met for the first time their first meeting was far from pleasant.

Ever since then the two of them had been enemies. They weren't complete opposites though, In fact their first meeting was at the arcade- a place they both enjoyed to go when things got too hectic at home. Corey had been playing his favourite game, Galaga for over a year and no one had ever beat his score. That is until 'Mad Max' came to town.

The day of their meeting, Mr and Mrs Harrington had been arguing again and Corey wanted an escape out of the house so he forced his older brother to drive him to the arcade. When he arrived at the arcade he could already tell something was different, as if the atmosphere had changed since the last time he'd been there.

Corey had wanted to just run straight towards Galaga and start playing but he noticed there was a red-headed girl that was playing it at that time. He was surprised because he'd never really seen a girl at the arcade but he ignored it and went to play Centipede instead.

After checking the high scores he was surprised to see that Dustin Henderson's high score had been beaten by someone named 'Mad Max'. He'd never seen that name on one of the scoreboards before so he assumed it was a new person in town. A thought came into his mind, 'maybe it was the girl i saw playing Galaga'

He quickly brushed the thought away, 'a girl can't be that good at video games!' and then he went to on to play Centipede until he was sick of playing it over and over again.

By the time he had finished playing, the girl had stopped playing Galaga and moved onto another game so finally Galaga was free for Corey to play. The first thing he noticed when reaching the game was that his high score had been beaten by the same person that had beaten Dustin Henderson's high score, 'Mad Max'. Corey was fuming, he had held that high score for over a year and no one had ever beaten it. Some people had tried but it was practically impossible.

After calming himself down a little, Corey looked around at all the faces in the arcade to see if anyone was unfamiliar. He knew that the girl her saw earlier was new but she was a girl, she couldn't have scored that high on Galaga! He knew that the high score had been beaten that day because he was at the arcade the previous day and his score was still the top score. So Corey decided to ask Keith, who was an employee at the arcade, if he had seen anyone playing Galaga that day.

Keith had replied with, "Not one person except for that girl," He pointed to the red-headed girl that Corey had seen earlier. "She was the first person to play Galaga today."

"No way, she's a girl! Girls aren't good at video games!"

"Well she's the only person who's played Galaga since you did last night. What's the big deal anyway?"

"She beat my fucking high score. The high score I've held for exactly 16 months!" Corey said angrily, glaring at the girl who was now playing Dig Dug and not focusing on anything but the game.

Before Keith could stop him, Corey stormed towards the girl. She was just celebrating beating another high score when he reached her. After she finished celebrating she turned around surprised to see Corey standing behind her, glaring angrily.

"Uh...hi?" She said, standing with her arms crossed. It was obvious she was trying to keep a straight face.

"You're Mad Max right?" Corey asked straight off the bat.

The girl stared at him for a little bit before saying, "Yeah that's me, what's it to you?"

Corey sighed and rolled his eyes like it was obvious why he was asking her, "You're the person who beat my high score on Galaga. I held that high score for 16 months!"

"Ahhhh, so you're Corey. Why do you even care, it's just a stupid high score." Corey's eyes widened 'just a stupid high score?'

"If it's just a stupid high score then why did you try beat it?" Corey asked her, the look on his face turning more angry.

"First of all, that's the stupiest question I've ever heard and second of all, I didn't try to beat it. It just happened." She finished off the last part of that sentence with a little smirk on her face.

"That was not a stupid question!" Corey said raising his voice a little "And you can't just beat my score on Galaga without trying, It's the highest score in this whole arcade nevermind just on Galaga!"

"Well, if you didn't want your high score to be beaten then maybe you should of just bought the whole arcade and put Galaga off limits," Mad Max said sarcastically. "Now if you'll excuse me, my step-brother's coming to pick me up now."

Corey watched as she walked out the doors of the arcade and then checked his watch. It was 10 o'clock sharp and Corey still had half an hour to kill before Steve came to pick him up. 30 full minutes to try and beat Mad Max's new high score on Galaga.