004

____________________
Chapter 4!
The Zoomer
____________________

After finishing baseball practice, Corey and Eddie made their way towards the boys locker room. They had promised to meet Flynn and Thomas at the arcade afterwards and knowing that their two friends would end up ditching them if they took too long, they knew that they had to get ready as soon as possible.

However, that was the exact opposite of what happened. Before the two boys even had a chance to enter the locker room, they heard an argument going on from inside. Corey instantly recognised one of the voices as Max's and it took him a bit longer to realise that the second voice belonged to Mike Wheeler.

"Max and Mike." Corey said and turned to look at Eddie.

Eddie furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, probably wondering how his best friend knew who the two voices belonged to. After seeing the confused look on his face, Corey said, "What? Max has a very annoying voice, it's easy to pick out."

Eddie just nodded his head in reply. Trying to hide the amused smirk that threatened to appear on his face, he turned away from Corey and walked over to the door of the boys locker room.

"What are you doing?" Corey whispered.

"I'm just going to have a little peek. It'll be easier to hear what they're saying." Eddie replied, poking his head into the locker room.

Corey smacked his hand over his forehead, Eddie was surely going to be spotted by Max and Mike. A few minutes later, Eddie pulled his head out of the locker room and turned to face Corey.

"Did they see you?" Corey asked.

"No, but they will if we don't hide. They're leaving now." Eddie quickly grabbed onto Corey's arm and then dragged him behind the bleachers.

"What were they talking about?" Corey whispered.

"Nothing important. Mike seemed pretty pissed though."

As if on que, both Mike and Max came barging out of the boy's room. Corey and Eddie fell silent, they wanted to hear what was going on.

"Why do you hate me so much?" Max demanded. Corey didn't know why, but all of a sudden he felt a pang of empathy for Max. He quickly shook it off though.

"I don't hate you, how could I hate you? I don't even know you!" Mike spat.

"Yeah, but you don't want me in your party?"

"Correct!"

"Why not?!"

"Because you're annoying!" Mike turned to face Max as he spoke. "Also we don't need another party member, I'm our paladin, Will's our cleric, Dustin's our bard, Lucas is our ranger and El's our mage."

Hearing the name El, Corey and Eddie turned to look at each other in confusion, they hadn't heard of her before.

"El? Who's El?" Max asked.

"Someone... No one." Mike replied

"Someone or no one?"