*dramatic backstory*

"Ah," Shirogo said awkwardly. "I mean, I must have mistook you for someone else, I've never seen you in my life!"

He laughed nervously.

Ichigo's eyes narrowed at the clone. "Spill." he ordered.

Shirogo sighed pulling a familiar silver object from his pocket. "You wiped your own memories." he stated with a blank expression.

Everyone around him gasped.

"I... Did?" his expression grew dark. "They must have been really crappy memories if I erased them all."

"If I'm remembering correctly, you specifically requested this memory stick from Urahara. It has the ability to wipe and replace memories, and the user is able to choose what the replacement memories will be. It also," he paused for a second, debating. He continued, "has the ability to show the memories."

Ichigo's head shot up. "It does?"

Shirogo nodded. "Be warned, everyone present will see them."

"I'd like to see my memories, Shirogo." Ichigo said on a deadly voice. Everyone shuddered at his dark tone.

Shirogo nodded, then they were swept up in a stream of memories.

Rukia had been captured, and Ichigo trained everyday for a month, from dawn until dusk, trying to master his power.

He fought against anyone and everyone who got in his way.

His heart filled with warmth, setting Rukia safe and sound.

Then he discovered his Hollow powers. He spent most of his time in his room, barely finding a will to live.

The Vizards came. They helped him find a reason to fight for. He trained to conquer his Hollow, so he would never hurt any of his friends.

He practiced and trained, but he still felt uneasy- like the hollow was simply biding its time until he was weak and vulnerable.

He made the decision.

"...I'm a danger to everyone around me. At least in Hueco Mundo, the only thing I'll be able to hurt is myself and the Hollows. So I'm going to stay there until I have mastered my abilities." He told Urahara.

He planned to stage his death once they got Orihime back. Convince his friends that he was gone so they would leave without him.

Then he would train. And he wouldn't return until he had no doubt that he was in complete control.

But things never go the way you plan.

He used his hollow mask to convince Nel and her friends to help them, but in doing so, his comrades caught on.

He tried to stay optimistic, but it was hard with the glaring judgmental eyes that watched his every moves.

He thought he could endure the hateful gazes, and the constant guarded expressions on their faces.

But he was wrong.

"I'm sure we'd all like to know what we're getting into-" Uryu said, his eyes filled with disgust.

It was the straw that broke the camel's back.

In a second of fury, he snapped, refusing to listen any more to what they had to say.

He turned and ran to the front, where he wouldn't be judged for being a monster.

But he could still hear what his so called 'friends' had to say.