Chapter Twenty Nine: Level 1

Akemi Mitsuo

Pagkatapos ng panandaliang pagdidilim ng paningin ko ay nakita ko ang sarili ko sa isang madilim na gubat.

Tall~no! Huge trees are everywhere, vines falling from it and green dewy grass sorrounding it. I can also hear distant chirps coming from the forest birds, I suppose. I took a sharp breath filling my nose with the intoxicating scent of both rain and nature. Ugh! Kung hindi lang ito laro, I would be really glad to stay here for the rest of my damn life.

I unconsciously stared at my wrist only to see the top indicator change from Level 0 to Level 1. I still have to accomplish whatever the task is supposed to be taken here kaya obviously, walang nagbago sa numerong nasa ibaba ng level indicator ko.

Putting my hand down on my side, I started scanning the whole area trying to look for any clues kung anong klase ng challenge ang kahaharapin ko.

Not being able to find anything useful, I decided to just walk around and wait for something to come.

This game is just so unpredictable.

Well, considering that it's created by General Ireneia, it will surely turn out to be like this...

like her,

unpredictable.

Natigil ako sa paglalakad when I sensed someone's presence around me. As if on cue din ay may timer na lumitaw sa pulso ko kung nasaan ang mga indicators, which means that I have to complete this task within the span of time given to me.

Level 1
0
01:00:00

Basically, I have one hour to finish whatever this task may be at kung hindi pa lalabas ang kung sino mang nararamdaman kong nagmamasid saakin ay ako na mismo ang hahanap sakanya para matapos na ito.

Finally! A guy about my age showed up and decided to man his ball up. He has this smug look on his face as if siguradong-sigurado na sya na matatalo nya ako.

"I guess the general had given me mercy. Killing you would be easy and after that I would be free! Those years on the dungeon was hellish!" He said still with that annoying smirk palstered on his mouth.

My forehead creased.

"Totoo ka? I mean...this game is supposed to be an illusion~" I confusedly said making him let out a really pesky laugh.

"Of course I am real! And I am killing you for my freedom!" As much as I want him to wipe his smirk off, parang gusto ko na lang na nagyayabang sya kesa ngayong sobrang seryoso nya as a really powerful aura radiates from him to where I am standing.

It made me anxious for a second but I tried my best to shrug it off my system. Hindi dapat ako kabahan. He will surely beat me into pulp if he knew that I am afraid of him.

"Well, why don't you try it for yourself then?" I almost applaud myself when I didn't stutter. Nakuha ko pang bigyan sya ng isang nang-aasar na ngiti making his anger flare more.

Dark flames appeared on both of his hands bago tumakbo pasugod saakin. I quickly dodged the fire ball he threw me bago tumalon paatras to avoid his fiery punch. His fists were literally on fire at alam kong hindi sya mangingiming ilapat iyon sa kahit saang parte ng katawan ko to kill me.

Killing a dark mage who wants to kill you for freedom isn't that bad and ruthless right?

I draw my dagger out of its leather hold and decided to use it to defend myself. Mabilis na sinulyapan ko din ang oras na patuloy na nababawasan sa pulsuhan ko onyl to let out a curse dahil almost 20 minutes na agad ang nabawas kanina. I only have 40 minutes to kill this damn dark mage!

Level 1
0
00:36:27

"Let's get this done with! I don't have whole day for you!" Inis na sabi ko bago nagsimulang ibalik sakanya ang mga suntok at atake nya. He gave me another swing that I swiftly dodged bago ko sinipa ang tuhod nya making him fall on the ground, half kneeled. Mabilis syang nakabawi at nakatayo but I knew that I somehow caused him damage. The way his forehead knot when he put pressure on it made me realize na nasaktan sya sa ginawa ko.

He once again tried to attack me with his fire balls at dahil hindi ko pa kayang icontrol ang ability ng iba using my levitation power, hindi ko nagawang iwasan ang iba sakanila. It made contact to my skin making me hiss because of the burn it made on my skin.

He, again, gave me a smug smirk making me shoot him dagger looks. I really want to wipe that smirk off his disgusting lips. He's getting into my nerves and it's bad because little did he know,

He is slowly digging up his own grave.

I pushed the pain I am feeling at the back of my mind because I realized that this is not the time for me to whine because of a mere burn on my skin but rather, a time for me to kill this bastard in front of me.

It was my turn to attack him kaya naman walang pagdadalawang isip na sinugod ko sya with both of my daggers at hand.

I smirked when an idea crossed my mind.

Tumalon ako palayo sakanya before throwing my dagger towards him controlling it with my levitating ability as I try to attack him again using my other hand na hawak ang isa pang dagger na kaparehas ng naunang tinapon ko sakanya. This is a twin weapon that was owned by my mother and was passed down on me after she passed away.

My mother once said that this dagger has an invisible thread connecting it to its owner, making it come back no matter how far you threw it.

Gaya ng inaasahan ko ay naiwasan nya ang dagger na tinapon ko sakanya. But not the one I did using the dagger I am holding. I was able to give him a deep cut on his chest making him let out a grunt as he fall half-kneeled to the ground.

He gave me a glare and was about to stood up and attack me when he suddenly stopped, his eyes grew wide because of shock and chest slightly arched forward as if something was buried deep on his back.

And yes, there is.

His body slowly fell on the cold ground, face first, giving me full view of his back where the dagger I threw him and was suppose to come back to me like a boomerang,  is buried deep, cutting his life line and his thread of hope of leaving this hell hole.

Level 1
0
00:04:21

Moment after staring at the cold lifeless body, I diverted my gaze to my wrist when I noticed the indicators changing.

Level 2
20
00:00:00

At gaya kanina, I was enveloped by darkness and was once again teleported to another hell hole.

When will this ever end?