Part 10: Strawberry flavored

"What do you think you're doing?" You snap, whirling away from the boy's touch.

"What am I doing? What are you doing?" Tsukki snaps back, surprised you raised your voice.

"I'm fine." You tell the boy, his eyes hard, like shards of amber.

"I'm fine." This time you say it for you.

This isn't good.

Not good.

To your horror you found yourself suddenly swarmed by both Daichi and Sugawara, most likely attracted by the sound of your squabble.

"(Y/N)-Kun, Tsukishima! What the hell is going on?" Sugawara quick to scold you.

"Daichi—" Sugawara's voice rises.

"I'll handle it, just get everyone ready for practice." He retorts, gesturing to a now ruffled Kageyama, Hinata, Tanaka, Noya, Asahi, and Tadashi.

You barely have a second to shoot Tsukishima a glare before Daichi cups your face in his hands.

"Lean forward, quickly." Daichi orders.

It tastes like metal.

Ugh.

You choke back a mouthful of blood, you likely swallowing it during your tiff with Tsukki.

A sudden wave of dizziness ensues, you instinctively burrowing your face into Daichi's chest.

I gotta keep my balance.

"Tsukishima, lend me a hand?" Daichi grunts, struggling to hold you upright.

You find you have no strength to rebuke the boy, blinking dumbly at the middle blocker.

A large hand slides onto your lower back, another weaving around your shoulder.

The hands are warm.

Tsukishima has warm hands.

"Let's get him to the bathroom, he's bleeding all over the place." Tsukki retorts, an edge to his voice.

You can only manage a grunt of refusal, the boys carefully maneuvering back into the main building, and into a nearby bathroom.

To your chagrin the boys decide to sit you on a nearby sink, Daichi grabbing a handful of paper towels.

"Here, I'll be back with the first aid kit." Daichi murmurs, passing the paper towels to yourself and Tsukki.

"Don't let him lean back." Daichi orders.

You widen your eyes, suddenly afraid to be alone.

"I'll be back soon." Daichi tells you, this time speaking to you in a gentler tone.

The tone you had grown strangely accustomed to.

Tsukishima remains silent, even after Daichi's departure.

It's so quiet.

Why isn't he saying anything?

You steel yourself, tentatively tilting your head up.

Nearly instantly a hand grips your chin, effectively preventing you from looking up.

"Listen to me (Y/N)." Tsukishima murmurs, his tone frigid.

You stiffen slightly from his tone, but remain alert.

"I always knew there would be a barrier between you and the rest of us." The boy takes a moment to scratch his ear.