Triskelion

It was nightfall by the time we reached Derek's loft, and much to my surprise Malia was waiting outside as we pulled up. Scott stopped the bike, and I Iet go of him. I dismounted the bike, putting a little distance between us before taking off my helmet.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I heard you were coming to talk to Peter." Malia says to Scott. "And, since Lydia tells me he's basically Satan in a v-neck, I figured you shouldn't be alone."

"We can handle Peter." Scott assures her, kicking the stand up on his bike.

"You can handle him better with me." She says protectively. I was only gone a few weeks, I didn't realize she'd gotten so close with them. But I guess she was enjoying the role of protecting Scott. She'd get over it sooner or later, it wasn't all it's cracked up to be.

I try not to think about her as we headed inside. Peter's a whole different type of problem, considering her killed me the last time I went to him. Derek trusted him enough not to kill him again, but there wasn't a single bone in my body that trusted him alone with Scott.

We made it up to the loft, and Scott pulled open the door. I didn't see anything at first, and Malia strutted right in confidently. "What's wrong with you?" She asks Scott.

"Nothing..." Scott says nervously.

"Your heart's pounding like crazy." She says confused. "Are you nervous?"

"He's just bad at introductions." Peter says absentmindedly. I turn, and he's lying back on the couch reading a book.

"Peter... this is Malia..." Scott said awkwardly.

At the mention of her name, he drops his book and immediately stands up, approaching us unusually quick for him.

"Beautiful eyes." He says staring at her face. "Did you get them from your father?"

"Mother." She says slightly annoyed.

"Interesting..." He says creepily. "Anyway... I'm sure they've told you a lot about me."

"The homicidal killing spree came up." She nods.

"Well, we're all works in progress." He smiles, pretending to be charming.

"Well, when you progress into your next killing spree, why don't you try and make sure they all stay dead?" She asks sarcastically.

"What is that supposed to mean?" He says confused.

"What do you know about people being turned by a scratch?" Scott asks.

"Did you scratch someone, Scott?" He gasps teasingly. "Don't worry about it- the claws have to go pretty deep."

"But it's possible? Like, if you clawed someone's throat?" I asked, folding my arms across my chest.

"Well, yeah, it's possible. It's also beyond rare." He shook his head. "We're talking one in a.... Million."

"Can't someone in this town stay dead?" He muttered angrily.

"I was kind of hoping you would." I muttered.

"Do you have any idea why Kate would turn Derek into a teenager again?" Scott asks him.

"What color were his eyes?" Peter asked.

"Blue." I answered.

"After Paige." Peter said. "Which could mean around the time he first met Kate..."

"Derek and Kate knew each other?" I asked, furrowing my brows together.

"Biblically." Peter rolled his eyes. "That's right, Scott- you weren't the first wolf to climb into a Hunter's bed."

"Derek, he went to the site of the house, thinking it was still there, right?" Peter questioned.

"Yeah," Scott answered. "But he doesn't remember the fire."

"But, if he doesn't remember the fire, then he doesn't remember that it was Kate who set it." Peter realized.

"So, what does that mean?" I asked, sure I wouldn't like the answer.

"Kate didn't just take him back to being a teenager. She took him back to the age where he still knew her- when he still trusted her."

Stiles called for an update, it was brief, but just long enough where Stiles was distracted, letting Derek escape his house. I'm guessing it wasn't on his own, he seemed to trust us enough. Only Kate would be able to convince him to leave. Lydia called almost immediately after, informing us that she'd wandered to a gas station where the attendant had been torn apart in the bathroom. She gave us the impression it wasn't caused by anything human. Peter had a theory it was Kate, the gas station was right outside of town so he might've been right.

"Why would she want to kill a gas station attendant?" Malia questioned.

"I don't think she could help it." Peter says. "This was done in a frenzy. It's not murder- it's a symptom."

"Pretty sure it's still murder." I pointed out agitated.

"Of what though?" Scott asks.

"She can't control the shift...." Peter scoffs.

"Derek said he had the same issue on the full moon. That he was still learning." Scott told him.

"Kate's still learning?" Malia asks.

"She wants to learn." Peter says.

"So, she wants Derek to teach her?" I asked in disbelief.

"No..." Peter shakes his head. "She wants the Triskelion."

"His tattoo?" I asked confused.

"No, it's more than that, it's a talisman passed down to born wolves. It helps them focus, learn to control the shift." Peter explains.

"Where is it?" Scott asks.

"The vault." He answers.