Starting Something

Later that week she saw the other Hargreeves, one too many molly this time.

"He told me he saw you the other day," Klaus said
groggily.

"Did he now?" She shook her head as she put the Stethoscope to his chest.

"Cold," he whined. "And you let him keep a shirt, how cute."

"He was kind of dying when I picked him up." She moved it to his stomach.

"And that required your tongue in his mouth?" She snapped back up. "Oops, have I said too much?"

"Sleep it off," She grumbled.

"I'm sorry, that was out of hand but can you blame me for being jealous?" She felt bad for being upset with him. "I've known you longer." He stuck his bottom lip out. "Do you like him?"

"I don't know, Klaus. I don't have time for that." She sighed. "And you may have known me longer but you're kind of a mess." She smiled and he folded his hands over his stomach.

"You don't even know the half of it," he smiled like he was recalling a fond memory. "You don't have time for my brother or a relationship?"

"Both are a handful."

"Klaus!" Someone called for him, it was Diego.

"You?" Klaus was confused, he'd never come to see him in the hospital, it was obvious he was here for her.

"Oh, hey Fiona." He completely ignored his brother's presence.

"Hi, you're brother almost died again." She sighed and squeezed one of Klaus' hands.

"So, what time are you off?" Diego asked.

"I'm doing fine now, thanks." He said sarcastically and looked between them, woah. "Or you two can continue to eye fuck." He mumbled but Diego heard and smacked his leg.

"Before you start, I'm not the patient right now," he pointed to Klaus. "He is."

"I have a fifteen-minute break coming up, as for you," She turned to Mr. Blue eyes. "I'll bring you some jello when I come back." She smiled.

"Oh, I love you." He kissed her hand.

"I'll meet you in the cafeteria," She whispered to Diego.

Diego and Klaus waited for her to be out of earshot.

"Why can't you ever shut your big mouth?" Diego hit him. "This is why I don't tell you things."

"I called dibs a long time ago," Klaus crossed his arms over his chest.

"Real mature Klaus," he shook his head. "But she chose me so, ha."

"Aren't you supposed to be meeting her somewhere? Fifteen minutes is nothing, get to stepping lover boy." He for comfortable, he was ready to sleep.

"Go to sleep, I'll take you home with me later." He patted the mess of curls on his head.

Diego found his way to the cafeteria and began his search for his favorite doctor.

"Looking for someone." He jumped a little and turned around to see her.

She giggled as he said, "you're little, didn't see you there."

"Can I get you anything? I know how much people love hospital food." She said, her voice laced with sarcasm. "And please get something, they never let me pay anyway."

"Alright," He followed her as she grabbed a plastic container filled with fruit and then to the register.

"You didn't get anything," she pointed out his empty hands. He wasn't hungry or in the mood for anything specifically but the look she was giving him made him turn around and grab a brownie from the baked goods.