The Great Remorse

No proof read. Kindly ignore grammatical errors and spelling mistakes.

The incidents, places and events are purely my imagination. Its fictional story. So don't find logic, just enjoy the story.

~~~

It's been two months. It's been two months after Arnav and Khushi's divorce or in better words  Arnav Singh Raizada and Khushi Malhotra's divorce. 

Arnav is thinking deeply looking at the ocean waves from his... no their home. Cool breeze softly caressing his face. Pain he went through during his divorce phase is far better than what he is going through now. At least then, he was waiting for his divorce and he got a chance to see her in the excuse of court hearing, counselling session or other. But now... he hadn't seen her after their divorce. That is two months to be exact.

Before divorce, he got to know about her whereabouts from media. At that time, media was celebrating their breakup and published theirs everyday life. Even after their divorce, media was exclusively covered their personal life. His blood boiled in rage, reading a gossip about his Khushi is dating someone. Thank god! It was just a gossip. But after a month, their news slowly faded in media. From that moment, the last string which he was holding was also shredded. He is going mad without knowing what is happening in her life. Just a thought of being a stranger in her life killed him. He was on the edge to assign a detective to know about her whereabouts, but stopped as it was an ungentle-man thing and it won't take time for Khushi to know about it. A week before, he was so tempted to meet her, yet again his ego and pride won, killing his already dying heart.

Exhaling loudly, Arnav grips the handrail hardly and closes his eyes in misery. This place.. this balcony is their favorite place. This place holds special importance in their hearts. In this same place, they realized their feelings for each other. They confessed their feelings for each other. This place witnessed their first kiss. 

Even now, it remains as a fresh memory in his mind. This was the sole reason why he never come to this house even though he is yearning for her presence. He was damn sure coming here will not help him to soothe his pain. 

But today.... Today, he came here just to feel the pain. 

His life is a mess now. And he is one who is solely responsible for this. How many times he contemplate, he could not even convince himself with a valid reason for his divorce. He really could not pin point any reason for his failed marriage. He could not understand who was wrong, what went wrong or where it went wrong. All his confusion came to end, today at breakfast.

His grandfather manofying his grandmother.  He saw how the most powerful businessmen running behind his wife. His 60 years old grandfather was literally pleading his wife. With no pride.. With no ego.. With no arrogance. He was nagging behind his wife to forgive him even though he did not know what he did.

This is not new to him. From his childhood, he have seen much more than this, and tease their grandparents  whenever he gets a chance. How foolish of him! How could he not see this? Why didn't he do this, when he admires this banter in their relationship?!  In that moment, that particular moment he realized, it was his fault. He was blinded by his ego and pride. He let his happened. He let his wife go. He let his life fall apart.

Without wasting any second, he came to their apartment to lick his own wound. He curses himself for the mess in his life. Immersed in this own thoughts while relishing their best moments, Arnav does not notice the door unlocking sound. Sensing that someone's gaze on him, Arnav turned back, and what he saw left him speechless. 

Arnav sees Khushi, who is looking at him in bewilderment.

Rooting to his place, Arnav could do nothing but staring at his wife. He is not sure whether she is really here or he is hallucinating or his figment of imagination. With the inner turmoil, he is looking at her without blinking his eyes. His mind is not ready to accept that she is really here.